Greetings from deepest Kent

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

degraaffray

Good evening all.

Stumbled on this forum whilst starting research for a planned ride to Andalucia next year and wow, what a mine full of information!!

Not new to cycling but not super experienced either. Have done London-Brighton and London-Southend etc, but planning Kent-Andalucia next September for charity. Just planning the exact route now so would really welcome any advice, links to blogs etc and look forward to reading throuhg the forum posts as this seems like a really great place.

Riding a Specialized Secteur Elite road bike and also have a hybrid for trail stuff.

Look forward to any comments and help/tips that anyone has.

Many thanks.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Welcome to CC.

Where abouts in Kent?... there are a fair few Kentish Men and Men of Kent here.

OP
OP
D

degraaffray

Hi ianrauk. I'm from bearsted near Maidstone. I am a member of San Fairy Ann CC so get out a bit on a Saturday morning but would be great to meet up with anybody that fancies ride outs for a few miles of evenings or weekends.

I'm certainly not a quick rider but comfortable with 25-50 miles at about 14-16mph at the moment so anyone around the same pace would be great to hear from you.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Aha a San Fairy Ann....

A few of us did the Man Of Kent Audax few months ago. A most wonderfully organised ride. Couldn't have been better.

OP
OP
D

degraaffray

Yes was planning to do it myself as was smack in the middle of Brighton and Southend but couldn't make it there on the day. Everyone I've spoken to about it says it is really good so hope to do the 150k next year.

Bengarbage

hi mate, i'm just down the road from you (rochester airport) not fit by any means however i'm more than happy to plod on at 14 mph for 30 miles. lemme know if you fancy a sunday afternoon, with pub stop ok:biggrin:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
A few of us are heading to Whitstable on Sunday for Brekkie/Lunch and will be cycling through Rochester (and back after) so if anyone want's to join us there you will be more then welcome

OP
OP
D

degraaffray

Hi all. Thanks for the replies. The rides sound great. What time Sunday are you heading through Rochester and where abouts? I may be able to make it this weekend just depends what time my partner heads off home to Wales.

Bengarbage Sunday rides with a diet Stella sounds ideal. I'll sort some weekends out when I know I'm definitely about and let you know.

Drago

Legendary Member
I am a Man of Kent, 'Isle' of Thanet born, bred and proud, though I now live abroad in central England ;) Did you know that the MoK were the only lot to put up a decent resistance to William the Conqueror?

And welcome Degraaffay - you got some choice cycling down there, both tarmac and mud.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Hi all. Thanks for the replies. The rides sound great. What time Sunday are you heading through Rochester and where abouts? I may be able to make it this weekend just depends what time my partner heads off home to Wales.

Bengarbage Sunday rides with a diet Stella sounds ideal. I'll sort some weekends out when I know I'm definitely about and let you know.

We are leaving Dartford Crossing at about 8am or just after. It's 15 miles to Rochester so I think about 9am. We go past the station if you want to meet.

Bengarbage

Welcome from a Kentish Man. I live in Strood
I am a Man of Kent, 'Isle' of Thanet born, bred and proud, though I now live abroad in central England ;) Did you know that the MoK were the only lot to put up a decent resistance to William the Conqueror?

And welcome Degraaffay - you got some choice cycling down there, both tarmac and mud.

you dont work in a prison by any chance mate?

Top Bottom