Greetings from Greater Manchester UK :)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rolorolo

Regular
Hi All.

After 20 years on mountain bikes finally taken the plunge and bought a road bike, still not sure if I should have gone for disc brakes...

I’m hoping to to fall off less as these old bones can’t take much more :smile:

Cheers

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Fell off my road bike more than the MTB - now MTB only. Pesky car drivers.

AuroraSaab

Veteran
I'm new to biking but I feel safer on my mtb. I think it's the big fat tyres. Welcome to the forum. I'm in South Manchester.

straas

Matt
Still not figured out if rim or disc are better.

Think it depends on the route you take, grit can really shorten the lifespan of a rim.

Gunk

Guru
Hi All.

After 20 years on mountain bikes finally taken the plunge and bought a road bike, still not sure if I should have gone for disc brakes...

I’m hoping to to fall off less as these old bones can’t take much more :smile:

Cheers

I’m 55 now and find mountain biking hard on the body, I moved over to road bikes a couple of years ago and really enjoy it, Welcome to the forum.

Shearwater Missile

Über Member
Welcome to the forum.
On the brake front.... it depends upon what make the rim brakes are. I have Shimano 105 on one bike and own brand on the other but with 105 blocks. Sure,the 105 calipered brakes are better but I just make allowances whilst braking on the other one. Disc brakes may well be sharper particularly in the wet. Just enjoy your rides and your bike. If you like the bike but feel the brakes let it down then upgrade them at some point.

Top Bottom