Greetings from Holland

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hello all,

I'm a fan of bike touring, based in Holland. There's not much better than wandering around places on a bike, free to roam hither and tither. I've learned the joys of camping and the satisfaction of real independence. Plus, just about everywhere I've been seems friendlier on a bike!

I'm far from an ultralight biker - I like my comforts too much and I learned on my second tour that all route planning should take second place to on the road decisions! :-)

Hobbes is my tiger that goes on all my bike adventures with me. Once upon a time he was pristine, but these days he's looking well travelled! He's still got lots of miles in him, though ;-)

My bike is an old Trek MTB that most people wouldn't look twice at, but it's got strong wheels, good racks and a dynohub that powers my toys.

I've cycled the Danube from Passau to Vienna, the Rhine from (almost)source to sea, from my front door to Santiago... and back, I've also crossed the Alps... twice (OK! Once was on a compulsory train!), wandered around parts of Italy, the RomantischStrasse in Germany. as well as pretty much everywhere in Holland, northern Belgium and large chunks of Western Germany.

Just typing this is making me nostalgic for the road!

Looking forward to being a member of this community!

Frank

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
Welcome! Lots of UK tourists love the NL. I’ll be back again this summer! And if you are ever touring this way in South West England, look us up on Warmshowers.

OP
OP
HobbesOnTour
Welcome! Lots of UK tourists love the NL. I’ll be back again this summer! And if you are ever touring this way in South West England, look us up on Warmshowers.

Hello there .. :bicycle:

A very good evening

Welcome to you and your tiger:smile:.

This is a friendly place, isn't it? :-)

Thank you all!

Frank

Top Bottom