greetings from Maine (USA)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
...after the Scilly Isles :okay:

I've not done it for a while so I'm not sure if they've changed the greeting, but in moments of boredom, I used to ring their flights up just hear them say 'Hello Silly Airways'. It's childish I know, but so am I, and it made me giggle. I kept meaning to find the number and see if they did the same at other places, like the Post Office or Police Station. :laugh:

Drago

Legendary Member
I've not done it for a while so I'm not sure if they've changed the greeting, but in moments of boredom, I used to ring their flights up just hear them say 'Hello Silly Airways'. It's childish I know, but so am I, and it made me giggle. I kept meaning to find the number and see if they did the same at other places, like the Post Office or Police Station. :laugh:
In days of olde it was good sport to call the Cologne office of Wang computers, just to hear the receptionist say, "Good morning, Wang Cologne..." :laugh:

Randomnerd

Bimbleur
I joined the helmet debate thread.
(even though someone told me not to). I am HOPING all you wonderful people can give me some advice and talk me into getting a bike helmet and leaving my motorcross helmets for my quad

Joining that debate is more dangerous than not wearing a hlemet whie riding fixed in New York, with one hand tied behind your back, delivering a very hot 16 inch pizza. I warned you!

OP
OP
LisaG71

LisaG71

Regular
Well.... not quite. I'm from the UK originally, moved here about 30 years ago. Hope you are finding these boards a bit more friendly!
Other than a few telling me I abuse my whippets for doing stuff with them, they are a VERY athletic breed.
YES. this forum is MUCH friendlier than the other I was on.

OP
OP
LisaG71

LisaG71

Regular
Joining that debate is more dangerous than not wearing a hlemet whie riding fixed in New York, with one hand tied behind your back, delivering a very hot 16 inch pizza. I warned you!
I AM sooo going to post the medieval helmet I found on amazon to that thread. . . I posted to my fb page and no one said anything!
got to have a bit of fun once and a while.

Oh, on that note..
why such hostility over helmets?

OP
OP
LisaG71

LisaG71

Regular
You will all be happy to know that I found a helmet!
I was looking for something that had a google (simular to my quad helmets). I found a brand that makes magnetic shields for their helmets. there are several shields ... one for night, 2 for day [1 blue, 1 black], and a clear. The helmet comes with a black/dark one and I bought a clear. Mostly for now I plan to ride the multi-use trails and boy are they dusty! Especially when a quad goes by. I also wear glasses, so a sun-type glasses option is out. with the shields, I won't have to worry about dust (hopefully) or the sun blinding me.
This helmet was 35.00 (usd) on amazon (helmet comes from the company though) and the shields are 10.00 a piece (also usd)

OP
OP
LisaG71

LisaG71

Regular
Nobody did that.

Actually, they did.

OP
OP
LisaG71

LisaG71

Regular
I also did not ask anyone for advice .. better go back and read those comments.. and my post

But, that is the only issue I have had here.

Like I said, everyone else has been rediculously awesome.

Randomnerd

Bimbleur
I also did not ask anyone for advice .. better go back and read those comments.. and my post

But, that is the only issue I have had here.

Like I said, everyone else has been rediculously awesome.
The only person who mentioned your dog was me. It’s to be hoped you’re not suggesting I accused you of abusing your dogs. That wouldn’t be fair, or correct. My comment was intended entirely as an observation without malice or criticism. The thrust was: how amazing to hear that a whippet would contend with a trailer. They must be cool dogs.
Perhaps tell us more about your set-up

I apologise if you took it otherwise.
My forty or so adult years have been accompanied daily by sheep dogs, sight hounds and terriers of all colours and descriptions, all as working dogs. Plenty would run alongside a bicycle or horse, or, in the collies’ case, ride the quad. One fell terrier I had would jump on a horse with me. I’ve seen dogs in trailers, but not run my own. It’s a great way to go further with a willing canine passenger, I’m sure.

Top Bottom