Greetings from Mid Cornwall

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pete Sobye

Regular
Hi all.

I have ridden since I was a child but have not owned a bike for a long time.

Having lost 2.5st under GP's orders I thought it about time I started to do something about my fitness too.

A few guys at work cycle so thought I would give it a go. With a limited budget I scoured the Internet and eventually bought a Viking Roma. Here she is.

u4uduqa9.jpg

Since the pic was taken last week I have added a pair of Shimano SPD-SL pedals (the 540's)

I have not been out on it yet as the weather has not been good or I have been working but I will be going out soon.

I live near Newquay and do plan to cycle the 7 miles to work and back when the weather and time allows!

Pete

Kiwiavenger

im a little tea pot
Hi Pete

where abouts do you work then? i live in roche and work in st austell so we're practically neighbours in cornish terms!! lol. if you ever fancy a cycling buddy then let me know, i'll hapily abuse cornish roads with a fellow CCer

welcome to the site

OP
OP
Pete Sobye

Pete Sobye

Regular
Hi Pete

where abouts do you work then? i live in roche and work in st austell so we're practically neighbours in cornish terms!! lol. if you ever fancy a cycling buddy then let me know, i'll hapily abuse cornish roads with a fellow CCer

welcome to the site
Hey!

Thanks and I may well take you up on your offer.

How far do you usually ride? Bear in mind I'm a newbie!! Lol

wisdom

Guru
Hi and welcome from Blackpool
Good luck with your cycling to work i ride 7 miles each way and am somewhere around the 25 minute mark,fastest is 21 minutes so that will give you an indication of the times.I started twice a week,then 3 times a week now every day and have done so for about a year now whatever the weather.
Good luck

Kiwiavenger

im a little tea pot
Hey!

Thanks and I may well take you up on your offer.

How far do you usually ride? Bear in mind I'm a newbie!! Lol

normally not far! my usual route used to be about 20 miles from St Eval down the coastal roads into newquay then back up the inland roads however its more normal for me to now go to from roche to st eval and back!

I am happy to take in more varied routes and really want the strava KOM down penhale hill!!!! my last attempt at it was on day 3 of a 3 day ride so was knackered!

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Hello Pete...(my-luver)

nice ride and well done on the weight loss...v.impressed.

deanE

Hi Pete. If you find yourself falmouth way come out with the Falmouth Wheelers. Sunday morning rides. Bit nearer is the Truro cycling club, you’ll find them on the net.

OP
OP
Pete Sobye

Pete Sobye

Regular
normally not far! my usual route used to be about 20 miles from St Eval down the coastal roads into newquay then back up the inland roads however its more normal for me to now go to from roche to st eval and back!

I am happy to take in more varied routes and really want the strava KOM down penhale hill!!!! my last attempt at it was on day 3 of a 3 day ride so was knackered!

Looking at your post, I'm not sure where Penhale hill is!

OP
OP
Pete Sobye

Pete Sobye

Regular

Looking at your post, I'm not sure where Penhale hill is! Also what's Strave KOM?

Top Bottom