Greetings from Oldham

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DannyCFC

Evening all, I'm a southern softie exiled up north and currently feeling very pleased with having successfully ridden to work and back without need of a defibrillator! Only 3.4 miles but there's a lot of me to move at the minute!

Great forum, very entertaining.

ScotiaLass

Guru
:welcome:

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Hi and :welcome: Danny.

It gets better, honest. :thumbsup: Especially now we're getting into the better spring weather when it'll be far more pleasant on a bike than in a car or public transport.^_^

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
morning

Hi there and welcome. My sister lives in Oldham and there's some great cycling around your area. Have a lot of fun!!!
p.s. there's no such thing as a flat ride anywhere around Tameside!

OP
OP
D

DannyCFC

I'm not ashamed to get off and push up some of the hills going into to town - there's a fair few who don't and whilst I admire their determination I'd prefer to get to work with functioning legs!

WellyWonkey

Welcome Danny,
i'm a Dentonian and have a few contacts/friends from the Oldham area. If you can tackle your neck of the wood, you're on track for some great fitness rides! Saddleworth, Greenfield, Holmfirth, Dovestones, Uppermill are to name a few. All of which are on your doorstep. Some great rides for you to enjoy. Just make sure you are on the ball with your brakes though. Don't let them whittle down too low before acting on it. :-)

Top Bottom