Greetings from Raleigh, NC, USA

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tdarden

I wanted to say hello and thanks for creating such a great, informative forum.

A little about me: I began my career as a bike “mechanic” at age 10 in 1965, repairing Schwinn’s for neighborhood kids. I progressed to auto mechanics, then studied urban pollution and law and began a career in the pollution technology world. But I was always drawn to the amazing efficiency and utility of bicycles.

I bought a used Holdsworth commuter in a market in Amsterdam in 1974, for $350, which was a lot of money then. I rode it constantly through university and law school, then periodically since then. I commute daily on a street/converted 20+ year old mountain bike. I also own a 1977 Mercian.

I’m wondering about my Holdsworth. I’ve owned it for 44 years, but I’ve never known what model it is, or what year (because I bought it used). It seems to be serial number 6224, but if I read the tables correctly, that’s not a sensible number. It is sky-blue, has aluminum fenders, TA crank, Ideal seat, Universal side pull brakes, Cinelli stem, Campy deraillers (rear is touring model). If anyone knows anything about this bike, I’d love to learn more.

Thanks again for the great forum.

Welcome! The vintage aficionados will be wanting pictures, I suspect! 44 years, that was $350 well spent!

midlife

Guru
Welcome, Been a long time since I visited North Carolina, :smile:. Post some pics of the bike..... Million words and all that. I think you have posted about your frame number on Retrobike

Top Bottom