Greetings from south of the Rose Bowl, CA, USA

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bruin

Greetings, all! I'm "Bruin" from Pasadena, CA and probably like a lot of you, I've been a lifelong bicyclist. I'm 1 year from retirement and have begun my journey of increasing my mileage, ride frequency, and hill work to prepare for some multi-day bicycle touring next year. I was an avid mountain biker for many years, competed in some amateur downhill race events, but over the past 8 years have really enjoy road cycling, which I now prefer -- this may also have something to do with the mountain lions and bears in my local mountains. :-)

Anyway, glad to be here to learn from you and share what I know about bicycling and bikes.

Happy trails/roads, all!

Chris S

Legendary Member
:welcome:

Slick

Guru
Greetings, all! I'm "Bruin" from Pasadena, CA and probably like a lot of you, I've been a lifelong bicyclist. I'm 1 year from retirement and have begun my journey of increasing my mileage, ride frequency, and hill work to prepare for some multi-day bicycle touring next year. I was an avid mountain biker for many years, competed in some amateur downhill race events, but over the past 8 years have really enjoy road cycling, which I now prefer -- this may also have something to do with the mountain lions and bears in my local mountains. :-)

Anyway, glad to be here to learn from you and share what I know about bicycling and bikes.

Happy trails/roads, all!

Welcome Bruin, I always look forward to seeing pictures from people like yourself. :welcome:

ExBrit

Über Member

Happy trails/roads, all!

Hey Bruin, I'm in Running Springs. I ride the Santa Ana bike path almost every week. There's some nice riding in our area isn't there?
If you're getting into more long-distance riding, we have an active local chapter of the national randonneuring group.
Terry

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Bruin

Hey Bruin, I'm in Running Springs. I ride the Santa Ana bike path almost every week. There's some nice riding in our area isn't there?
If you're getting into more long-distance riding, we have an active local chapter of the national randonneuring group.
Terry

Running Springs - nice! I love it up in the San Bernardino Mountains! The downhill mountain bike racing that I referred to was primarily up at Snow Summit, Big Bear! Also one of my favorite places to fish, too! BTW, I've heard a lot about the Santa Ana River Trail, but have yet to ride it. The river trail that's closest to me is the San Gabriel River Trail that starts up in Azusa in the foothills and ends at Seal Beach.

Last edited:
Welcome. I am sure we all look forward to your stories and input :hello:

OP
OP
B

Bruin

BTW
Terry

Terry, thank you very much for the info on your local chapter of randonneuring! The touring that I want/plan to do involves rides up/down PCH! 👍

ExBrit

Über Member
BTW

Terry, thank you very much for the info on your local chapter of randonneuring! The touring that I want/plan to do involves rides up/down PCH! 👍

I've ridden the entire Pacific coast many times and I've ridden pretty much every road in SoCal. Happy to answer any questions you have.

Top Bottom