Greetings from sunny Chelmsford

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

m3psm

Regular
Hi there. I've just signed up to see what clubs, rides and groups are around the Chelmsford area. I've been cycling for fitness for about six months now after buying a used hybrid. After a recent job change I'm looking for local rides around Chelmsford as the new job doesn't have any suitable roads at this time of year.

Being 45, a smidge overweight and with heart problems though, I'm not looking to tear around at breakneck speeds for hundreds of miles. I can manage an average speed of around 15+ mph and have so far done up to 30 miles, but more regularly around 20.

I'm hoping to find a local group to go for the occasional mid week evening ride with around Chelmsford and go for longer rides at the weekend.

The bike is a Whyte Montpellier that's had a few tweaks including a brooks saddle and a rear rack and soft panniers to make it more useable for everyday use. Next mod is to find someone who can make up a bespoke chain guard and fit a dynamo front hub.

Anyway, hope to catch up with a few of you soon :smile:

Paul

Biker Joe

Über Member
Hi and a warm :welcome: to you.

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Hi Paul,

Colchester Cycle Champions run rides in Chelmsford regularly which are probably ideal for you.

I've got an email about them somewhere - I'll post it here when I'm on the 'real' computer and not iPad.

OP
OP
M

m3psm

Regular
Cheers guys :smile:

Thanks Aunty Helen. That sounds like I could tag along.

Hi John. You're pretty local. I often ride to and around Hanningfield reservoir which is probably about half way between us.

Top Bottom