Greetings from the Colonies. (from the Land of Cheese and Beer)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EchoBravo

Regular
I'm Erik--and I come to you from Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Going to turn 50 at the end of May. Been biking on and off since the early 80s. Been on the original SAAGBRAW (ride across Wisconsin) rides three times (80, 81 and 82). Otherwise my biking has been pretty much on my own...

Type II diabedes runs in my family and back in October and November I was displaying symptms. I was almost 240 lbs (I'm 6'6") in November--and that's when I got my bike out and mounted it up to my trainer. Been riding about 20-30 min /day, and eating better (been doing low carb and smaller portions). I'm hovering around 210 now.

I was a swimmer in my youth--NCAA and High School All-American--so I have always been "athletic", and I have always had bikes as that was my choice of "working out" since I hung up the Speedo. I just need to get on them more and use them!

I have: a 1992 Cannondale 2.8 frameset built with all 105 stuff, a 1993 TREK 930 Singletrack, a 2012 Trek Marlin, and I recently purchased a 2018 Raleigh Back Alley Fixie/SS (brand new on Amazon for $79 shipped!!!--$399 retail bike). I'm also building an old 1977 Takara 10 speed into a SS/FG--mainly to have a winter project.

ghIsNTx.jpg

I'm from the suburban Milwaukee area and I sell Harley-Davidson motorcycles for a living...

raleighnut

Legendary Member
:welcome:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Hello and welcome. Well done for your weight loss.:okay: Good luck with building the bike.

Venod

Eh up
Hi and welcome, good find the Raleigh Back Alley, you can't beat a bargain, the project frame looks good, enjoy the build.

Top Bottom