Greetings

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Steve B

So its the usual story, used to commute 10 miles a day by bike, then moved a looong way away and had to commute by train from Kent to London. Still do in fact:sad: Have been a regular squash player but with the arrival of kids time is too short for that other than on a Sunday AM once a week. Waistline is consequently expanding as my activity declines.

Dusted off the Trek 1000 and started well, but the double on the front made the big hills a little too much for my currently 18st frame. A turbo in the cellar (booooring) kept me ticking over and a few 10-15 milers when I am able at the weekends are where I am currently at. It's time rather than fitness that is beating me at the moment. I have a Spech Sirrus on order with a triple on the front to defeat those big hills and enable me to expand my rides, with lighter evenings coming I am hoping to put in a couple of evening rides as well for an hour after work. I might be begging for motivation or inspiration over the coming weeks and months:biggrin:

Nice to meet you all, hope I can contribute in my own small way!

Steve.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Hi Steve and ;)
What part of Kent are you?
Bromley and Lewisham cyclists do a lot of riding in the Kent area.
Feel free to join us sometime.
Ian.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Even though we are based in Bromley & Lewisham a lot of our rides are further into Kent, including Faversham. Check out the gallery on the Lewisham site. You are more then welcome to join us.

Greetings to you, Steve :smile: Your story sounds familiar to me, increasing waistline inclusive! Kent is an area I never visited before but i understand it's lovely to cycle. Have you got any plans for this year, like tours or cycling abroad? Are you member of any clubs? Checkout all the topics covered in this forum, they are quite interesting. I'm quite new myself. GBR.

Top Bottom