gripe

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RAYMOND

Just having a gripe, although iv'e got 2 road bikes and don't realy need another (course I do).

Why is it that so many online bike retailers advertise bikes that look great and the price is reasonable.
Yet the bike in the photo is nothing like you'll get if you ordered.
They show a photo of a bike with all the top specs on wheels etc...
But the bike at the price there offering is with different spec/tyres .wheels etc so will look very different
to the one in the picture.
This is misleading and gets on my ....

JoeyB

Go on, tilt your head!
Where are you shopping? The only place I can recall seeing 'up-specced' bikes is the Ribble advert on the inside page of the CycleActive magazine. All other adverts I look at are for the bike (and spec) pictured?

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Yeah, be vary wary of any advert for anything that has the word "FROM" in the price description........

i.e
7 Nights in New York from £200 - translates as £200 if you travel from Abergavenny International on 29th Feb at 3.45am and stay in a tent in central park.

Ribble are as bad, I've yet to see one of their bike pictures that actually reflects the finishing kit you'll get for the price in the big font.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Yeah, be vary wary of any advert for anything that has the word "FROM" in the price description........

i.e
7 Nights in New York from £200 - translates as £200 if you travel from Abergavenny International on 29th Feb at 3.45am and stay in a tent in central park.

Ribble are as bad, I've yet to see one of their bike pictures that actually reflects the finishing kit you'll get for the price in the big font.
Abergavenny International? ^_^

I imagine that to be jumping off the Blorenge in a hang-glider.

Top Bottom