Gritty, grimacing, gunky photos

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Okay, if it is unflattering photos of knackered cyclists you want (preferably overweight, overdressed and having just ridden up a sodding big hill, not the first one of the day), here are two of me that I have been keeping very secret (for obvious reasons!). Taken at the summit of Holme Moss on the Brian Robinson Challenge this year...

[PHOTOS PRESUMABLY REMOVED BY THE PEOPLE WHO TOOK THEM!]

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
i like the holes in the tights look....the hill was so steep and so long even my tights were knackered...:biggrin:

ColinJ

shauncollier said:
i like the holes in the tights look....the hill was so steep and so long even my tights were knackered...:biggrin:
Ho ho! Actually, they are leg warmers. I got the hole when I fell off my MTB.

I was bombing down a bridleway which had a section of broken cobbles on it, with mud and wet mushy leaves at the side. I'd aimed at the leaves, thinking that I wouldn't get so battered, but then the bike started slithering about all over the place. Time kinda went into slow motion then...

I thought to myself that I'd be better off on the cobbles and my brain sent a message to my hands to start braking. Another thought popped into my mind while the message was making its way down my arm - "Don't brake on this stuff!" - but it was too late. I'd got the front brake on and immediately locked the wheel up and it slid out from underneath me. As I was being launched forward off the bike, the following thoughts went through my mind:
  1. Great - I've got a cycling holiday booked for 2 weeks time and I'm about to break something!
  2. I'm wearing a new jacket!
  3. Please don't let my bike get damaged!
  4. Those cobbles look hard!
  5. This is going to hurt!
  6. I want my mummy!

THUD!

I ripped my jacket, leg warmers and gloves. I took a chunk out of a knee, a shoulder and a hand, and had multiple cuts and bruises, but didn't break any bones. My bike escaped with superficial damage.

It could have been pretty nasty, but I was lucky. I won't make that mistake again!

skmc1955

he,s hurting!
qrho3p.png
!

Geraldom

Here's one of my mate dan (the specky one) and me after PfS 2007. now that was rain....

Note the optimist with shades on his head........

G

ColinJ

Interesting... I link to a couple of photographs of me taken on a UK sportive and the very next day they get removed from t'interweb! It seems that the company involved don't like people deep-linking to their work even when it has a big watermark across the middle publicising their company.

I didn't give permission for photographs to be taken of me on that event, and I didn't give permission for them to be posted on that website either. I think it is a bit rich for images of me to be on display only until I try to link to them!

adscrim

Veteran
HLaB said:
That it is :smile:
Here's me the year before it gives a bit better perspective of the hill :rolleyes:

Me on Queens view at this years. For some reason looking pretty grumpy - even before the punctures. I try and remember to smile next year.:biggrin:

montage

God Almighty
skmc1955 said:
he,s hurting!
qrho3p.png
!

this is an awesome photo, credit to the photographer!

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Spinney said:
Me at the top of Blakey Bank.

(and no, I didn't manage to cycle all the way up it, but someone had told me that the photographer was lurking at the top, where it levelled out a bit...)
Something I noticed on the 2 sportives that I have done recently, is that the photogaphers are now about 3/4 way up the hill, not at the top :cheers:

First time, as I came round a corner, I see the photoman and think 'Great, that's the top' ...... only to see the road snaking away in a definite upward direction :smile:

Photographers are makng our rides more difficult :rofl:

Top Bottom