Groceries anyone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Arch I meant to ask you to get some Vaseline and a pair of rubber gloves .... is it too late?
[voice shouts in backgrond] "Give it another shove your Lordship"
[sound effect] schhhlllluuuurrrrpppppp!

bonj2

:biggrin: oh - if you're going, cheers - I'll just have a couple of bottles of hardy's stamp australian, a pound of steak, 3 packs of asparagus, a load of king prawns, some tuna steak, salmon steaks, few avocados (squeeze 'em to make sure they're soft), honey, a loaf of seedy bread and some greek yoghurt. Oh, and 30 quid cashback. Ta.

snorri

Legendary Member
I went along to the opening of a new Lidl store today. I was pleasantly surprised:smile: they have top of the range cycle parking. An ample quantity of Sheffield Stands very close (closer than the nearest car park space) to the store entrance, and covered too:smile::biggrin: The best cycle parking around.:biggrin::biggrin::sad:

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I think someone could go round there when she gets back, make her a cup of tea, she won't be able to take that lot to LOTP's, and help her unpack and sort it all out.
(before the baby elephant eats the Cr**py Creme Donuts).

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Well! A lot of you posted after I left, so I'll have to go back again...

I'm only just in at the computer, I spent the morning at my friend's house and now I have (Sorry littlered), a nice lambs liver and four cutlets in my icebox. And I helped to salt the skins before they go off to the tanners. And met her new ram, who is a very friendly chap, and according to the coloured blotches on the ewes' backs, is doing the business (he wears a harness with a block of a sort of crayon on his chest, so that she can see which of the ladies he's seen to. The crayon colour is changed each week these days, so she knows when each one is due. This crayon used to be made simply of a red ochre paste called raddle (from the old word for red), and is, I guess, the reason we describe someone a bit over the hill and well used as 'raddled'... But I haven't checked that.

And there's your fact for the day. The groceries, I'll have to bring round later.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Arch said:
he wears a harness with a block of a sort of crayon on his chest, so that she can see which of the ladies he's seen to.
I saw a video once with...oh sorry, wrong forum:blush::biggrin::biggrin:

Speicher

Vice Admiral
It was very kind of you, Arch, to fetch me the Pineapple Banana Sweeties. Did you find them with the Pineapples, the Bananas or on the sweetie shelf. The mince pies were lovely, just a pity you failed to find me a new nose, but then I did not tell you what size did I:blush:?

I am severly allergical to supermarkets at this time of year. I try to use the local shops here in the wild west of Worcestershire, but sometimes they just do not stock exactly what I am looking for:sad:. I hope to be doing some entertaining towards the end of this month:biggrin:, and some of my potential guests have very particular tastes. I find it helpful to shop at Waitrose on-line (aka Odoca) and wondered if you or any one else would like me to order the more unusual items that they cannot find. For instance on my list so far is:

Laphroaig 10 year old single Islay Malt Whiskey
Casa Corsini Pantsdone
Panettoncino Con Gocce Cacko
Cuervo Tequila Reposada y socko oddo
Tarte aux abricots, con almandes et tante maria

Please remember that I will need the exact spelling so that I can search for it on-line.

Arch said:
met her new ram, who is a very friendly chap, and according to the coloured blotches on the ewes' backs, is doing the business (he wears a harness with a block of a sort of crayon on his chest, so that she can see which of the ladies he's seen to. The crayon colour is changed each week these days, so she knows when each one is due. This crayon used to be made simply of a red ochre paste called raddle (from the old word for red), and is, I guess, the reason we describe someone a bit over the hill and well used as 'raddled'... But I haven't checked that.

reminds me of a very funny Mint Sauce episode where Oonagh had red marks on various parts of her body, including forehead.

snorri

Legendary Member
Speicher said:
Laphroaig 10 year old single Islay Malt Whiskey
Casa Corsini Pantsdowne
Panettoncino Con Gocce Cacko
Cuervo Tequila Reposada y socko oddo*
Tarte aux abricotsapricots, con almandes et tante maria

Please remember that I will need the exact spelling so that I can search for it on-line.

* I have a few of these, third drawer down.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
snorri said:
* I have a few of these, third drawer down.
It is very kind of you to correct my spellings.:biggrin:

The idea was, that you suggest to me the things you would like me to order for you.:biggrin: Perhaps I did not explain it properly or have you spent too long at the allotment?
eg man get out (mangetout) ...........not peas....etc
I'll leave the rest to your imagination;).

Top Bottom