Groin Pain

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kishin

Über Member
I started doing hip flexor streches and the symptoms have gone away .
HipFlexorStretch.jpg

If done right you can really feel the stretch on the back leg in the groin area.
This ties in with my experiences of dealing with groin pain. Just one thing though, I was told to do the stretch with toes and ball of the rear foot on the floor rather than having the foot flat as in the above picture and it does seem to improve the quality of stretch on the back leg.

Broadside

Guru
"intense pain" deep in the groin while riding sounds to me like you have torn something like a ligament attaching one of your adductor group to the hip. If you still have this problem I think you should go to see a sports physio for their view.

I suffered with groin strains earlier this year (but never had any pain while actually riding) and went to see a sports physio who diagnosed an issue with my hip which required corrective surgery. After seeing a consultant and all the various xrays and mri scans to confirm the problem I had the surgery in June. After the initial two weeks I have never looked back and the groin strain is just a memory now.

OP
OP
Pedal pusher

Pedal pusher

Veteran
Planking will do little ofr your hip flexors but will help with engaging and strengthening your core.
There's a number of exercises you can do to stretch out your hf which will help you.
Also try levelling your sale, as mentioned previously, nose-up will cause you issues.

I tried a charge spoon recently and had to ditch it was def not for me. If you want to try it I can send it to you if you pay the postage?
Thanks very much for the offer. I bought the very same sadle a couple months ago. I don't think it's the sadle because it only seems to happen when I'm peddling out of the saddle.

OP
OP
Pedal pusher

Pedal pusher

Veteran
"intense pain" deep in the groin while riding sounds to me like you have torn something like a ligament attaching one of your adductor group to the hip. If you still have this problem I think you should go to see a sports physio for their view.

I suffered with groin strains earlier this year (but never had any pain while actually riding) and went to see a sports physio who diagnosed an issue with my hip which required corrective surgery. After seeing a consultant and all the various xrays and mri scans to confirm the problem I had the surgery in June. After the initial two weeks I have never looked back and the groin strain is just a memory now.
I like happy endings glad every thing is back to normal. Let's hope I don't have to ho down the surgery route

Top Bottom