Ground-elder

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
threebikesmcginty said:
What does it want and why won't it go away? :smile:

you are doomed :ohmy:

T

Arch

Married to Night Train
threebikesmcginty said:
What does it want and why won't it go away? :ohmy:

My Mum, who is almost as tenacious as ground elder, spent years getting rid of it from the bottom of the garden. Every last little bit.... Armed only with a trowel and occasional bad language.

I'd say, forget it, make it a feature...:smile:

Move house. It's the only way.

(we are spared the evil here, but when I was a kid my parents' garden was infested with the stuff..)

Arch

Married to Night Train
longers said:

It's not so much the looks, but the sheer scale. 'Some' is pretty. Covering the entire garden, to the detriment of anything else, is a little dull....

Still, it could be worse. Got any couch grass?

accountantpete

Brexiteer
Seriously,if you spray with a systemic weedkiller then it will take 3 years to get rid of it - but it will die away if you persevere.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
longers said:

yes it does ... the leaves are a lovely shade of green too ...
unfortunately that's just to fool you :smile:
can't decide whether it's worse than couch grass and creeping buttercup!

We have all at the allotment, and horsetail too - slowly getting it under control - the ground elder is relatively new, has started to creep in under the cover of a neighbour's prickly hedge xx(xx(:angry: (which is now thankfully no longer there)

T

I spent 16 happy years at my last house in the UK. Happy, apart from the years I spent waging war on the dreaded Japanese Knotweed. It was unresponsive to my natural methods of removal: uprooting; digging and uprooting the suckers; burning the stuff. I gave up in the end and settled for a morning's strenuous scything at the bottom of the garden a couple of times a year. Good luck repelling the invasion 3BM, you might be in for a long battle!

Globalti

Legendary Member
Get a goat. She will eat it but she will need supplements and proper grass or all her hair will drop out.

Guess how I know?

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Globalti said:
Get a goat. She will eat it but she will need supplements and proper grass or all her hair will drop out.

Guess how I know?

you tried it yourself and your goat laughed at the way you ended up looking?

Top Bottom