Groundhog Day - happy 20th birthday!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
27650781_10215028511167744_1697082454_o.jpg

classic33

Leg End Member
30th birthday!

steverob

Guru
If you like the movie, it's also worth tracking down the book "How to Write Groundhog Day" by Danny Rubin, the guy who wrote the original screenplay that he and Harold Ramis then adapted into the final movie. He goes through a whole load of info about how it all came to be and the changes that were made and is really quite interesting.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
There is at least one movie that I've seen that is a copy (not a re-make) which was suprisingly good. Can't rememebr what it was called. I do like films about time travel, but Groundhog Day perfectly captures what we all think we would do, and explains why we'd probably get bored very quickly

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy

a.twiddler

Veteran
Imagine having to live your life repeatedly in full until you became a better person. How many people when they become older develop a greater awareness of things that they might have done, better, differently, or not at all. You can see the appeal of a story such as "Groundhog Day". Cheesy, maybe, but with universal appeal.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Imagine having to live your life repeatedly in full until you became a better person. How many people when they become older develop a greater awareness of things that they might have done, better, differently, or not at all. You can see the appeal of a story such as "Groundhog Day". Cheesy, maybe, but with universal appeal.

Surely you wouldn’t try and become better, to keep it going forever? You’d just follow every choice to see where each leads.

That girl you never asked out at school, well this time you will.
The job opportunity you didn’t chase, well this time you will
That fixed energy cost you didn’t go for, this time you will
That bet you didn’t place, this time you will.

Top Bottom