Grrrr! Lost my computer..... then found it!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Went out for a cool evening blast with my regular buddy last night, both feeling tired so we agreed to take it easy rather than rush around like nutters. We ended up in a tiny village called Pendleton near Clitheroe and there was this lovely little pub called the Swan With Two Necks and well, it wouldn't have been right to ride past on a sunny evening without stopping, so we both enjoyed a nice pint of Copper Dragon's Golden Pippin. Walking the bike round to the back of the pub I slipped the Cateye computer forwards off its contacts so the walk wouldn't mess up my figures but then forgot to click it back when we re-started.

So when the inevitable sprint down the lane to Barrow happened I glanced down at the speedo and.... damn... lost it!

Loathe to lose my hard-won odometer reading I threw the bike in the car and drove slowly back along the route. And there, about 200 yards from the pub, was my precious computer lying in the road, exactly where it would have been squashed if a vehicle had passed by in the intervening 15 minutes. They don't get much traffic around there.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Lucky to get it back, well done. I think you need to get help for your 'problem' though.....

"Walking the bike round to the back of the pub I slipped the Cateye computer forwards off its contacts so the walk wouldn't mess up my figures". And I thought I was bad/obsessive LOL

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
This reminds me about a trip last summer when I took my new road bike to pick the kids up from school then walked them home. I slipped the new computer into my pocket so I wouldn't record the walked miles when I was pushing my bike. I totally overlooked the fact that my new computer was a wireless one (my first wireless) and was confused for about five seconds when I got home and saw the mileage had increased while the computer was in my pocket!!!

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
This reminds me about a trip last summer when I took my new road bike to pick the kids up from school then walked them home. I slipped the new computer into my pocket so I wouldn't record the walked miles when I was pushing my bike. I totally overlooked the fact that my new computer was a wireless one (my first wireless) and was confused for about five seconds when I got home and saw the mileage had increased while the computer was in my pocket!!!

:giggle:

Top Bottom