Grrrr..... motorcylists

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
PpPete

PpPete

Legendary Member
wafflycat said:
Am I reading this correctly? It reads as if the motorcyclist was approaching from your right. You entered RAB and find motorcyclist up your rear-end? Is that basically it?

If it is, then I'm sorry, but you're the one in the wrong as you're supposed to give way to the traffic approaching from the right, so you appear to have misjudged him - and ended up putting you both in a potentially dangerous situation.

Yes you read correctly Wafflycat- I misjudged his speed. He was 20 metres from his entrance to RAB as I was went onto the RAB. He covered that 20 metres + another 20 around the RAB before we left the RAB by the next exit with him up my rear end.

It's only a guess, but I'd say he entered the RAB at between 50 - 60 mph.
In my quick glance down the road from which he was approaching I didnt spot that... so technically my bad, because I entered the RAB at around 20-30mph - meaning that he had to slow, & that's not "giving way".

BUT if he wants to enter a RAB at double the speed most drivers find reasonable & safe he should maybe expect to find other vehicles in close proximity?...and not start shaking his fist at them , pointing at his eyes and so on.

As GrasB says - it can get complicated.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
mickle said:
I've only ever managed to do it once to a moving motorcyclist who was giving me gyp in traffic; reached over and hit the kill switch on the bars. Slows them down really quickly. The switches are usually red which makes them easy to find in a hurry.

You must have long arms unless he was undertaking you.

Twiggy

If you're speeding and you slam into the back of someone else, it's your fault.

Most junctions, RABs and suchlike have nice little signage informing motorists that they should really slow down a bit, due to increased traffic interactions.

Top Bottom