Grrrr... people. :(!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rob g

Just read this thread, felt had to comment. Although now living in Southport, I grew up and went to school/college in Shirley. A keen cyclist then, I never had any problems after dark anywhere, and a bike was my only transport right up until I left in my early twenties (15 years ago). Wickham/Bromley was a regular ride out on my own just for fun, along with getting to work in East Croydon the other way.

I know things have changed over the years, but what's happened ? When did people suddenly start to think it was ok to chuck stuff at each other ?

I don't live in a particularly salubrious area of Southport to say the least, but, boy! am I glad I left South London. Well done for keeping the faith, Andy, and keep safe.

yanto2009

Veteran
I must say it would have made me think twice about the same route same time. On an ordinary bike i used to get loads of abuse through Bath (only a few years ago)!! items thrown - usually badly! Pizza, curry, kebab's, cigaretes, bottle of curios yellow liquid, spit, and general hatred, maybe it was the colour of my socks !!!!

Top Bottom