Grrrrr!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrahamG

Guru
dondare said:
Lots of ways to answer this. Ask her how much less tax she thinks that cyclists pay, and if it's a lot why doesn't she just buy a bike?
Also ask how she came to be so ignorant and stupid.

See that is the way to do it - turn a negative into a positive.

"So you think I pay less - so could you!"

I'd really struggle to keep my temper with someone who is obviously thick as pig shoot.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Might be good to point out, if you do have a car, that it costs you more in tax per 'use' than it does her - I quickly worked out it costs me £2 per day to use the car in tax - it get's used at weekend only. - 100 days or so...

cannondale boy

Über Member
fossyant said:
Might be good to point out, if you do have a car, that it costs you more in tax per 'use' than it does her - I quickly worked out it costs me £2 per day to use the car in tax - it get's used at weekend only. - 100 days or so...

It would be cheaper hiring out a car than owning one. I am lucky that i live beside a car rental depot. One of the reasons why i got rid of my car because i was only using it at the weekends!

Arch

Married to Night Train
Maz said:
I think Arch should do it. She's good at stuff like this and she's a good communicator.

Aw thanks, that's made me smile!

I see a thread has already started (with varying degrees of seriousness;)), so I'm happy to stick my oar in when I can help. If it's a case of getting a final piece together and editing it down tightly, I can certainly help there, I think. Probably best to get the ideas, then make a provisional list, pass it round a bit, agree a final list, write it, pass it about for editing and then whittle it down to something succinct. Putting it on the blog sounds like a great idea.

References would be great to include, if they aren't too long winded. Easiest will be those addressed by a Highway Code rule, just give the number and quote it.

Maybe we also need a less serious piece to run as well, with some of the 'wittier' answers in...;)

Top Bottom