Grumpy.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
The thing about a regular commute, is that mostly, you know what's coming.

So when I turned right across a junction on a "Green" signal for me, I wasn't overly surprised by the two cyclists who jumped the red crossing my path (although you, on the geared red bike, are a selfish c**t, you could see I was going to have to slow or swerve to avoid you, unlike the guy ahead of you. And you ride a Ribble that's too bloody good for your lack of skill and consideration. Muppet).

When the lady in the little blue hatchback driving alongside the cyclelane shortly after indicated left, I was already slowing and covering the brakes. And I wasn't hugely surprised when the pulled across me (with another cyclist behind me, at this point) to let someone out onto the pavement).

Given that I anticipated all this, and dealt with it so that the only effect was a slight inconvenience (slowing, working my way into the traffic to pass her) I was surprised by how churlish I felt when she apologised (and she did, quite profusely) - I couldn't manage any reaction beyond a scowl and a headshake, I'm afraid. I feel bad about it now.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Don't feel bad. It's very hard to be magnanimous all the time.

Ibby22

At least you didn't do what i did I few months ago.

A lady crossed right in front of me, slammed on breaks narrowly avoided her. Well I saw red, chased after her to a car park where I gave her a piece of my mind about her lack of driving skills and how she could have killed me. She apologised repeatedly and I stormed off feeling the better for it all.

However in my rage I didn't realise she frequently came into where I worked and was a very nice lady normally,in fact extremely nice. Well about 3 hours later she came into my workplace and gave me a bunch of flowers to say sorry again!:ohmy:

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
John the Monkey said:
The thing about a regular commute, is that mostly, you know what's coming.

So when I turned right across a junction on a "Green" signal for me, I wasn't overly surprised by the two cyclists who jumped the red crossing my path (although you, on the geared red bike, are a selfish c**t, you could see I was going to have to slow or swerve to avoid you, unlike the guy ahead of you. And you ride a Ribble that's too bloody good for your lack of skill and consideration. Muppet).

When the lady in the little blue hatchback driving alongside the cyclelane shortly after indicated left, I was already slowing and covering the brakes. And I wasn't hugely surprised when the pulled across me (with another cyclist behind me, at this point) to let someone out onto the pavement).

Given that I anticipated all this, and dealt with it so that the only effect was a slight inconvenience (slowing, working my way into the traffic to pass her) I was surprised by how churlish I felt when she apologised (and she did, quite profusely) - I couldn't manage any reaction beyond a scowl and a headshake, I'm afraid. I feel bad about it now.

Sometimes it does grind you down. Esp if its about the fifth person to do something stupid within a half hours journey.

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Ah... been there. Had a car beep me as it went past on my way up a local hill. I knew it was there (with those revs, you couldn't miss it), and had taken primary to stop it pinching me at the traffic islands.

Only once I'd reached a wide enough bit of road did I pull left and let it come by. Not content to simply hang on my wheel, the car then revs massively and gives me a blast on the horn as it goes by. I saw red and chased it down over the next half mile, knowing it'd get stuck in traffic on the downhill side.

I pull up next to the window to give the driver a few words about their horn being right next to my head, not using it for admonishment, and generally being more considerate to other road users.

Down comes the window, and my angry reflection is replaced by the smiling face of my sister's best friend. "Hi Andy!" she beams, "I thought that was you!"

Ack. Poop. Lesson to self: Don't typecast drivers.

arallsopp said:
Down comes the window, and my angry reflection is replaced by the smiling face of my sister's best friend. "Hi Andy!" she beams, "I thought that was you!"

Ack. Poop. Lesson to self: Don't typecast drivers.

:smile: One night after work this maniac driver, in a car I'd never seen before started bleeping at me furiously and the started to chase me down.

It was a bloke I'd met on the club run at the weekend and he wanted to arrange to meet up for a ride; 'phew, I had a hard time catching you' :ohmy:

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Mate at work bipped me in his car wit the horn a few weeks back. I knew it was him but the next time I saw him said "Sorry I didnt wave back, thats a bit of a hairy road at times and I wanted both hands on the brakes"

What was funny was that the driver in front of him thought he'd been beeped and iirc gave my workmate the finger. :blush:

Top Bottom