GT85 spray. Animal Friendly?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

migrantwing

Veteran
Didn't know where else to post this so...

I know that GT85 is Eco/Environmentally friendly (contains no CFC's), but is it or is it not tested on animals?

TIA

bianchi1

Guru
Didn't know where else to post this so...

I know that GT85 is Eco/Environmentally friendly (contains no CFC's), but is it or is it not tested on animals?

TIA

Why do you want to use it on animals?

OP
OP
migrantwing

migrantwing

Veteran
It says on the tin "call a POISON CENTER\doctor if you feel unwell".

It doesn't say that on the can that I have.

OP
OP
migrantwing

migrantwing

Veteran
I'll drop 'em a line tomorrow.

There's a difference between a product being harmful to animals and a product being tested on animals. A certain supermarket's own brand of toiletries are animal cruelty free/not tested on animals, but I'm certain that if I ingested a bottle of shower gel, I'd be pretty ill, let alone an animal.

OP
OP
migrantwing

migrantwing

Veteran
[QUOTE 3906812, member: 9609"]It is always difficult to get the truth on these matters, I guess companies like to distance themselves from the toxicity tests that establish how much of a product will need to be ingested before illness and death occurs, and how much needs to be dripped into the eyes of mammals before they go blind etc - but as far as I am aware it is only toiletries in the UK that don't have to go through toxicity testing. I presume some products don't have to go through toxicity testing if the ingredients have already done so - why not email them and ask (sales@gt85.co.uk)[/QUOTE]

You have a very valid point. I'll shoot 'em an email.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
it's basically oil/paraffin so I'd be astonished if it isn't somewhat toxic. CFC-free is of course a "good thing" but given CFCs are outright banned now, it's hardly a big claim - and anyhow, I can't really envisage why you'd want CFCs as an ingrediant (propellant maybe?) any more than you'd want CFCs in a jar of jam.

All that said I'd not see this sort of product, used sensibly, as an environmental biggie

Cubist

Still wavin'
I'll drop 'em a line tomorrow.

There's a difference between a product being harmful to animals and a product being tested on animals. A certain supermarket's own brand of toiletries are animal cruelty free/not tested on animals, but I'm certain that if I ingested a bottle of shower gel, I'd be pretty ill, let alone an animal.
Oh I don't know, the human race has been ingesting animals for millennia......

Top Bottom