Guardian blog on recumbent trike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

markg0vbr

Über Member
take no notice of the comments they are just trolling.
1 if trikes are so dangerous why do cars all pass wider than when i had a df?
2 they haven't ridden one so how do they know? when they have done a year of daily riding in all weathers, i might take a bit on notice..... but not a lot as i love my trike.
3 it is not about speed, yes my top speed on the flat is about the same but over 60 miles i am faster. because i only have to stop for a p :biggrin: not as i just cant go on with the pain and when i get home no pain nothing.
4 if i did not have a trike i just would not ride a df, as being knocked off one five times, twice very badly, i feel a lot safer on the trike.
5 there loss ;)

PalmerSperry

summerdays said:
72 mph would have me having to shut my eyes or be heavily drugged.

I generally can't manage to get past ~60kmh. At about that speed the turbulence from my glasses makes my eyes water excessively leading to an inability to see. I suppose with a combination of better glasses (so I could see) and a fast trike (more confidence about the corners), I might manage higher speeds?

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
Fastest I've done on my Q was 54mph (front fairing only) and it still felt rock-solid at that speed.

n-ick said:
Yo, I've never seen a positive priasing review of a trike by a non user.

If the bicycle was to have been reinvented by Da Vinci , he'd have gone the bent route.

I didn't know Da Vinci had invented the bicycle in the first place;)

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Catrike UK said:
He said it was trying to lift off at 70mph.

I'm suddenly seeing that chase sequence from the end of The Wrong Trousers in my mind....

Wow, little fold out carbon wings on trikes....
:biggrin:

Top Bottom