guess what my mom did last night....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

buggi

Bird Saviour
.... tripped while walking up the stairs and dropped my 4 month old baby nephew on his head. :smile: oops. :eek:xx(

he's okay, but my mom isn't. she cried all night.:sad: i think she felt sick

She shouldn't be carrying an infant when she's drunk! No wonder she feels sick:tongue:

ChrisKH

Guru
We've all done it at some stage. I remember unclipping my youngest son from his buggy when he was about 9 months old, turned round to open the car door, turned back and he had launched himself headfirst out of the pram. Just managed to catch his arm. A guy came running over and said he heard me scream. Major palpitation time.

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
my mom said she was going up the stairs, missed the step. was holding baby in left arm, so she put her right arm out to fall onto, but he slipped straight out head first and whacked his head on the skirting board. apparently it took his breath away... and my mom's too!

maybe they should issue helmets for babies?

papercorn2000

Mines was in the papoose, leaning against the back of the car. I turned round and the thing toppled over and she did a face plant! (9 months old - was I allowed to forget it!)

domtyler

Über Member
When mine was about three months old she was laying on the sofa, I turned away for two seconds just to put something down on the piano when my other half started going on about something else which distracted me for a few seconds. I turned round just in time to see the baby falling (in slow motion) on to the wooden floor head first. A sickening feeling!

Wife gets on the bed the other day and Matilda bounces off onto the floor head first!

I think I might get a Thud Guard!!

Babies bones are very soft so very rarely break thankfully. I know how your mum must feel though Buggi.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Apparently, I fell off the changing table when I was a baby, and Mum left me unattended for a moment. Doesn't seem to have done any harm...

I was terrified walking downstairs carrying my nephew. Felt I needed a third arm to hold the banister...

Tetedelacourse

Eh, not to want to worry you but is bab going to the Doc to get checked out? He certainly would be if he were mine.

gary r

Guru
i dropped my little 4week old daughter,She was swaddled & i fell asleep on the sofa with her on my chest,heard a loud thud as she hit the floor (wooden floor) headfirst,I felt sick & didnt sleep that night.A horrible feeling

domtyler

Über Member
Guy in my office had a new baby, his fourth, one of his others picked her up to cuddle her and couldn't hold her, dropped her onto a stone grate, you've guessed it, head first.

domtyler

Über Member
I've never dropped either of my child. Any parent who does so should have their child, house and clothing immediately removed.

Why stop there when you could just remove the top layer of skin and have us dropped into a bath of salt and vinegar?

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
Tetedelacourse said:
Eh, not to want to worry you but is bab going to the Doc to get checked out? He certainly would be if he were mine.

both my brother and his girlfriend are children's nurses, they get these all the time apparently so they know what to look for thankfully.

Top Bottom