guess who I saw last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aint Skeered

Dayvo said:
Apology accepted! ;)

But Halfords', though! :biggrin: :ohmy:

Apology bollocks. Oh I get it you're being ironic again.

It matters not who's bike they ride, the fact is they are being sponsored, and that can only help the state of cycle racing in the UK.
Sean Kelly was once asked which was the best bike. His reply
"Whichever one I am being paid to ride"
And here's a bit more irony for you. If Walker had said, "Guess who I saw last night", and named some tosser from the premier league, the majority would have known who he was talking about. (apart from me that is)
I remind you again, this is a cycling forum

Aint Skeered said:
I remind you again, this is a cycling forum

Indeed you are correct, a cycling forum for cyclists, who also have other interests, but this is CycleChat Café and here anything goes; cycling-related or otherwise.

There are other 'more specific/detailed' categories for those kind of threads.

I'm not being ironic now.

And I agree with you, it's good that the British national squad is getting sponsorship from Halfords.

simonali

Guru
If you click the link I posted earlier you'll see that Boardman have a high end road frame coming out soon. She'll use that, I expect.

OP
OP
walker

walker

simonali said:
If you click the link I posted earlier you'll see that Boardman have a high end road frame coming out soon. She'll use that, I expect.

Yeah I know, I saw that a few weeks ago, it's still in design and build stage, they've teamed up with Terry Dolan so the frame is going to be very, very competitive.

Dave5N said:
:biggrin:

Really? It's very exciting, you know.

Are you sure it's not just the 12% beers?

Pretty sure. I could probably follow track racing, but stage racing always looks to me like a big bunch of blokes on bikes riding along together. At least track racing actually looks like a race.:biggrin:

OP
OP
walker

walker

Rhythm Thief said:
Pretty sure. I could probably follow track racing, but stage racing always looks to me like a big bunch of blokes on bikes riding along together. At least track racing actually looks like a race.;)
ha ha, you make me Laugh RT. you are pretty much right, till you know what tactics are involved, why and who is breaking away etc.

Tracks great coz its just hell for leather for x laps

Keith Oates

Janner
Just to keep the bike thing going, Nicole won the first stage of the Tour de l'Aude yesterday on one of the Halfords sponsored bikes.

As for boring stage races, most sports have periods when they are less interesting than others but if you know a bit about the tactics etc. it can be very interesting most of the time. Seeing mainly very tall and big men running from one end of a small wooden floored 'gymnasium' to the other and reaching up to pop a ball into a steel ring on a post, now that IS boring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Noodley

Keith Oates said:
Seeing mainly very tall and big men running from one end of a small wooden floored 'gymnasium' to the other and reaching up to pop a ball into a steel ring on a post, now that IS boring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...unless one knows the tactics :wacko:

Top Bottom