Guided Busway Cambridgeshire

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
There's about a foot or just under left to drain away........

OP
OP
Crankarm

Crankarm

Guru
I could be wrong but it looks to me that some of the cycle way by Fen Drayton was built to flood so the guided busway wouldn't:wacko:

The Cambridge County Council were incompetent in proposing or allowing the cycle way to be built at a much lower level than the actual busway itself. Had the cycle way been raised it would not flood. Period. Any fool could have seen that this would happen, but they couldn't.

The Cambridge County Council were incompetent in proposing or allowing the cycle way to be built at a much lower level than the actual busway itself. Had the cycle way been raised it would not flood. Period. Any fool could have seen that this would happen, but they couldn't.
Its so obvious it seems deliberate to me on their part. I hope its finally drying out.

Drago

Legendary Member

Ah, but despite our lack of impact on the environment, congestion and road safety, we're second class citizens. Even bus passengers are netter than us in their eyes.

Its now down to about 6 inches. I cycled thru it on Wednesday, managed to get my feet slightly wet, but it has pissed down anyway. I think that unless we have some torrential downpours over the next few days, it will be clear by Wednesday or Thursday I think of next week. The council have already cleared the debris from all the other food areas from the track, with just this section left, which I was surprised at as they normally, either don't bother or wait for it all the flooded areas to clear.

OP
OP
Crankarm

Crankarm

Guru
Ah, but despite our lack of impact on the environment, congestion and road safety, we're second class citizens. Even bus passengers are netter than us in their eyes.

Bus passengers pay about £5 a day to go between Cambridge and St Ives and if they drive and park in the car parks they have to pay. Cyclists pay zero. So Cambridge County Council are protecting their revenue stream and don't give a s*** about cyclists as we don't bring them any cash. On Milton road going into town the thick white line marking the cycle and bus lane has pretty much worn away so you get cars driving in it dangerously closing passing you.

OP
OP
Crankarm

Crankarm

Guru
Its now down to about 6 inches. I cycled thru it on Wednesday, managed to get my feet slightly wet, but it has pissed down anyway. I think that unless we have some torrential downpours over the next few days, it will be clear by Wednesday or Thursday I think of next week. The council have already cleared the debris from all the other food areas from the track, with just this section left, which I was surprised at as they normally, either don't bother or wait for it all the flooded areas to clear.

There is an awful lot of rain forecast for the next few days. I think it is going to get deeper before it finally becomes drier and warmer and finally dries out for this year.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Bus passengers pay about £5 a day to go between Cambridge and St Ives and if they drive and park in the car parks they have to pay. Cyclists pay zero. So Cambridge County Council are protecting their revenue stream and don't give a s*** about cyclists as we don't bring them any cash. On Milton road going into town the thick white line marking the cycle and bus lane has pretty much worn away so you get cars driving in it dangerously closing passing you.
The Park & Ride car parking is now free for 18 hours at St. Ives. When I parked and cycled to Cambridge, in February, it was £1.
My granddaughter and I paid £7.50 for a family day ranger ticket on Stagecoach. Whippet was a pound cheaper. No idea what the single fare is though.
the flooding seemed too be where the path dips next to the old gravel working lakes. They should have installed a berm or something when the route was constructed. All down to £££ I suppose.

Top Bottom