1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guildford Cycle Challenge

Discussion in 'Sportives' started by simon_adams_uk, 10 Aug 2007.

1. simon_adams_uk

simon_adams_uk Über Member

A quick heads-up for this new event I've happened across (Sun 16th Sept):
    http://www.guildfordcyclechallenge.com

It's a pretty tried and tested route by the looks of things... with plenty of hills to suffer on. £15 for organisation, food & drink on the way round, and a t-shirt seems good vfm.

S

2. chris42

chris42 New Member

looks good but I'm doing this on the same day.

http://www.kentcyclosportive.co.uk/

3. looks very good, but i plan to be in scotland then. pah!

L

4. barq

barq Senior Member

That's quite tempting actually. I might check out some of the route tomorrow (foot and mouth disease permitting), although I'll be doing it by MTB so it may take a while!

5. barq

barq Senior Member

I rode the section which forms the first major loop of the 'Challenge' and 'Epic' routes today. Some of it is really lovely and goes places that I've never been to before. I did it on an XC full-suspension MTB (yes, I know!), so at just over 80km (from my house) it felt quite hard work. ;) The original plan was to ride the 'Challenge' but I ran out of water and have plans to ride tomorrow so didn't want to knacker myself.

It certainly looks worth a go. Thanks for posting it Simon.

6. Peter

Peter Senior Member

I've signed up, route looks good but watch out for Coldharbour Lane!

7. it's ok if you're going down. maxed out the 53:11 down there - even dropped the car that was behind me.

going up - eeek!

L

8. Aint Skeered

Aint Skeered New Member

Just got the details through, 164 starters for the Epic, so should be a good day

9. Peter

Peter Senior Member

I've got an 08:20 start, anyone else starting then? The weather looks like it will hold out.

10. Peter

Peter Senior Member

You were'nt far wrong there - finished absolutely wrecked. If it wasn't a steep climb then it was into a strong head wind.
    Beautiful route and well organised & signposted - Didn't deviate from the route once:smile:
    Would I do it again? You bet!

11. Jacomus-rides-Gen

Jacomus-rides-Gen New Member

I'm wrecked too, was a brilliant day - I loved the all the climbing. That 21% hill, strewth! What a beauty!

Would absolutely do it again, brilliant fun.