Guitarry exploits...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
wow!...rock on mate! I like it...you can play....:girl:

so come then...talk me through it...what gear did you use...guitar? Rig? etc....what is it recorded on etc? Ineed to know all this stuff it's crucial to my musical sanity:smile:.

OP
OP
Radius

Radius

SHREDDER
Thanks both of you :biggrin:, hopefully I'll keep getting better...if I have time to play once at university, and as long as no twits nick my gear :girl:, think I'll take the backup guitar...

Big: Ibanez Radius ---> £30 Zoom MFX pedal (yes, really), ---> line in --> Reaper (software).
That's it!

BigonaBianchi

cool...how are you getting on with reaper?...I'm still learning it...I'm moving across to a computer DAW from a hard disc....

The guitar tone sound s neat..I had it down as a mic'd cab..so well done!

OP
OP
Radius

Radius

SHREDDER
Thanks, I think Reaper is damned good; for non guitar things as well, MIDI-wise etc.
The JS effects are what lifted the tone, some well setup 'verb and delay, as well as a bit of EQ and amp modeling. It does sound quite 'real' in a sense, I was quite pleased (but at the low end it's clearly simulation, luckily there are no chords, or any notes long enough for you to notice! :girl:)

BigonaBianchi

..I agree Reaper rocketh....looks cool with some of those skins as well...that remionds me I have some vocal tracks to lay down that got delayed due to a bit of a headcold...reaches for mic and takes a deep breath

OP
OP
Radius

Radius

SHREDDER
BigonaBianchi said:
..I agree Reaper rocketh....looks cool with some of those skins as well...that remionds me I have some vocal tracks to lay down that got delayed due to a bit of a headcold...reaches for mic and takes a deep breath

What skin do you use then? :biggrin:

Mr Pig said:
I like some of Joe Satriani's stuff but not that, it is just fiddle! Great playing though, well done mate :0)

LOL, but thanks. I did warn you :girl:

BigonaBianchi

Acoustic Radar...this is what i see right now:

here are two shreddy type things I did:

Dance of the killer Goldfish (Total wankJam)
http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?PID=560819&t=3561
(Scroll down and hit play icon)
I just might (Proper song..ish)
http://www.vsplanet.com/mp3s/r/rgrIjustmightFinalmix.mp3

OP
OP
Radius

Radius

SHREDDER
Very stratty sounding (alder sounding) neck pickup that second one, but sounds a bit like a stacked hum, what guitar?

EDIT: And the first one, now that I got it to work. Sounds like DiMarzios...

Cool sweeps :girl: :biggrin:

OP
OP
Radius

Radius

SHREDDER
the Malmsteen guitar eh...how's the scallop?
And the JMP1...nice amp, although what you think of the cleans?

EDIT: LOL burrrrrn! :girl:

BigonaBianchi

..the strats are regular strats which I modify myself mostly. the guitar on burn is a mexican classic 70's strat, with a self scalloped neck, 6100 wire, a Kinman avn 56 in the neck and a kinmand avn 60 in th ebridge positions. I took out the middle pup ( waste of time those) and the strat has a double pick up only scratchplate...I like things simple.

I find playing th escallops easier than a regular flatboard these days...I have a high action and a hybrid string guage on them with heavy bottoms and light tops.

The JMP1 as you know is an old midi pre....I got it for th eswitching in conjunction with my TC electronic G Major....which is cool in a band where you need to acces lots of different tones in a set. Its ok...bit noisey...thing is its basically still a tranny pre just got the one tube in there...driven hard through my 9000 series valve power amp on ten it sound great...(Ihave dual power brakes on the cabs)...but if you even think about running it on a lower output it sound sedgy. I'm thinking of getting a simple marshall 1987x and running it through a palmer junction into reaper to keep the neighbours happier. I control the rig with a F1010 foot controller...which once set up does a neat job..but God help me if it ever goes pear shaped if I play in a band again:laugh:

OP
OP
Radius

Radius

SHREDDER
Those are pretty neat guitars, I use the middle pickup on occasion, but I can see your reasoning. Nice self-scalloping as well! (and thick wire!) I'd really like to try a scalloped guitar, closest I got was a JEM with the top 4 frets scalloped.
You could try a Fender Hotrod Deville with a TS9 (or an 808 for that matter), but it quite might not give you the scream you're after. I can see the advantages of the JMP1, especially with a G major and the foot switching.

BigonaBianchi

..yep i have Ts9 up front for th e solos..shoulda said...it's set on 100% level and 50% drive (less at volume)

Scalloping isnt that hard really...you just need guts, a dremel tool and lot's of masking tape...a round file and a room where you never ever want to see the carpet again!...It's fun, best played with a really heavy pick (isue JD 2mm picks) ...

Top Bottom