Gunge build-up on jockey wheel...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maz

Guru
Just use a few sheets of kitchen roll to clean it off, or is there some special stuff?

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Spray them with WD40 to loosen the stuff up and use a paintbrush to finish off, 2 minutes and they will be as good as new.

gbb

Legendary Member
Gently press the pointy bit of something pointy ( a screwdriver would have been easier to say :blush: )into the gunge and turn the cranks.
90% of the gunge will fall off..leaving the rest a lot easier to clean..

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
I use an oily rag. It gets mine nice and clean.
on my dads bike, it had bits of grassing running around the jockey wheel, so i had to use a screw driver and break the rubbish on it off, then wiped it clean.
Not sure what was on the jockey wheel, but it didnt look nice.

bonj2

toothbrush.
Not your wife's though.

spandex said:
Don't forget to replace the jockey wheels in their original positions as they are not the same, the upper wheel has a few mm of float which aids shifting. There's no need to lube the internal bearing surfaces, they are designed to run dry, although half a drop of chain lube wont do any harm.

;)

spandex said:
Don't forget to replace the jockey wheels in their original positions as they are not the same, the upper wheel has a few mm of float which aids shifting. There's no need to lube the internal bearing surfaces, they are designed to run dry, although half a drop of chain lube wont do any harm.

;)

Top Bottom