Gurana during long rides

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Velobiker

I have been looking at ways to increase my endurance druing long rides I have been told gurana is good for this, anyone had any experiance and is it healthy?

please let me know
thanks

Fiona N

Veteran
As far as I know guarana is just another natural caffeine-type (legal) stimulant derived from plants.
I used to buy Fair-trade (Unomercato) dark chocolate bars in Italy which were spiked with expresso and guarana. I never noticed much of a boost but they taste good and made a great change from the usual energy bars being much less sweet.

yello

I've heard some good things said of guarana but have not personally used it.

It may be a bit old school, but I think the best endurance training (at my level anyway) is simply being adequately hydrated and fed on progressively longer rides. Nothing fancy either, just water/squash mixes and carbs in some form.

OP
OP
V

Velobiker

You guys are probably right that a bit of water and keeping hydrated and long term endurance buidling, I am just looking for that initual kick, ill give it ago but wont be forgoing the old school.

yello

Don't be put off if you want to give it a go velobiker. It might well do what you want. If it doesn't work then you've lost nothing trying.

02GF74

Über Member
.... been reading in runners mag. that caffeine is good for something, can't remember what though.

MickL

Über Member
Tour De France riders used to sup on flat coke while racing, Caffeine can increase your metabolism giving you a slight energy boost.

Top Bottom