Gushing praise - examples?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
In a review of a Prof Alice Roberts book, "Ancestors - a prehistory of Britain", quoted on amazon, fellow prof Dr Janina Ramirez is quoted as saying:

"Roberts is the new Da Vinci"

Now I quite like/rate Alice Roberts, but a bit over the top perhaps?

Will Roberts return the favour with a review of a Ramirez work?

Anyone got any other examples?

Drago

Legendary Member
I'd give Dr Alice some "praise" :okay:

Janina Ramirez is known to be witty and mischievous and the two are close friends. And Roberts worked on Da Vinci' anatomy drawings. I suspect it is bit of an inside joke. I do however wonder what's with the "A mind-altering, life-altering book" comment?

I guess we have wait for Ramirez's next book and look at the review.

Dr Robert's magnum opus is a work of staggering intellectual brilliance and firmly establishes her as Britains foremost Thinking Man's Crumpet.
You got to read this from this nutjob who appears to be emotionally impacted and clearly upset that God was not credited.
1627543051794.png

OP
OP
Blue Hills
Janina Ramirez is known to be witty and mischievous and the two are close friends. And Roberts worked on Da Vinci' anatomy drawings. I suspect it is bit of an inside joke. I do however wonder what's with the "A mind-altering, life-altering book" comment?

I guess we have wait for Ramirez's next book and look at the review.
I'm reading the book at the moment - that's why I looked up the reviews - will let you know if my mind and life are altered.
ah, did wonder about their relationship.
the subject of folk "faking it" came up on a recent thread, but someone got the sub subject deleted for their own reasons.
Mary Beard has written about the questionable world of book reviews and what can lie behind them.

Drago

Legendary Member
Wasn't Mary Beard in ZZTop?

Top Bottom