'Guy in India'

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TVC

Good programme, but always annoyed when the director invents jeopardy in these shows. The subject matter and the sideburns are enough to make a very entertaining hour of television, there is no need for the blokish voice over to try to persuade us that there is a danger he misses his train and the entire trip is scuppered.

Levo-Lon

Guru
^^^ lucky Guy

Lullabelle

Banana
India does not look the slightest bit appealing, filthy, polluted, very poor hygiene. I am sure the entire country isn't like that but this is the only side of India that is shown on the telly.

screenman

Legendary Member
India does not look the slightest bit appealing, filthy, polluted, very poor hygiene. I am sure the entire country isn't like that but this is the only side of India that is shown on the telly.

Sounds like bits of the county I live in, which happens to be the same as Guy does.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
I watched it last night I enjoyed it

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Good programme, but always annoyed when the director invents jeopardy in these shows. The subject matter and the sideburns are enough to make a very entertaining hour of television, there is no need for the blokish voice over to try to persuade us that there is a danger he misses his train and the entire trip is scuppered.

Seems to be the way of these types of shows - every single little decision or event is portrayed as impending doom.

I also hate shows that have to do a little mini-digest of the 'show so far' after a three minute advert break. Just ib case you forgot I suppose.

Reactions: TVC

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
I recorded it and watched it last night - fairly enjoyable but lightweight really.

I think he has a lot more to offer tbh. Same as the 'Speed' series - good but really left you wanting a lot more.

My guess is he will get over-exposed during his 15 Minutes and will be terminally boring in a few years time.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I've not watched any of his programs before so didn't know what to expect. India looked really interesting but I was put off by his repeated comparison of what he saw with how it would be in UK. The electrical wiring, the way they made trucks, the way they fit tyres, the way they package motorbikes.

It's another country, they do things differently there, often in really innovative ways. I'll give it a try again next week, see if it improves

Top Bottom