Gyles Brandreth

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cheddar George

oober member
Yeah, an absolute arse of the highest order ..... i can't stand him. Yet curiously enough "breaking the code" is without doubt the best book on politics and parliament that i have read.

Pete

I have - somewhere in the house - his book on Scrabble, which is quite amusing, although not much use as an aid to playing Scrabble. I'd never have known how many points you can get at a single turn (nearly 2000 at the last count) without leafing through it! And - Scrabble in Russian - now there's an eyeopener! But, as I said, more of a coffee table book: when we play Scrabble (all too seldom these days: I think the game gets tedious after a while) we play it our way.

As for Gyles himself: well [confession time:blush:;)] I admit: I was his contemporary as an Oxford student, though I never met him. He was probably typical of his class while there and devoted mich of his time to writing in the mag. A right PITA so I thought, and his subsequent career was - pretty much as expected...

Big Bren

He's a pompous, self-satisfied asshat who typifies the pointless product churned out by the elitist public school system.

Bren

Tetedelacourse

Mr Phoebus;36189][QUOTE=Dayvo said:
The first thing I think of when I hear his name is 'what a real w*nker'.
Like Derek Nimmo but WORSE!
In Hell, you're gonna get a spit roast off them. ;)[/QUOTE]

Here comes the Nimrod.:ohmy:

Mr Phoebus

Tetedelacourse;36575][QUOTE=Mr Phoebus;36189][QUOTE=Dayvo said:
The first thing I think of when I hear his name is 'what a real w*nker'.
Like Derek Nimmo but WORSE!
In Hell, you're gonna get a spit roast off them. :ohmy:[/QUOTE]

Here comes the Nimrod.:ohmy:[/QUOTE]
;)

:angry:

Top Bottom