Gynexin

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigtallfatbloke

ok...this is embarassing but i couldnt care less...

...Man boobs ...I read this pill kills them...anybody know anything about it...over and above all the ads on a google search?

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Hahah. Not sure, but I did read that any toiletries with tea tree oil gives men man boobs, so clear out your bathroom!!

U

User169

Bigtallfatbloke said:
Now that is interesting. i didnt know that. I use tea tree shampoo all the time.

The study Catherine is referring to only looked at young boys. I don't think there was any suggestion that it applies to adults.

Blonde

How on earth can oil you put on your skin change your internal hormones or the way you store fat?!!!! When I last looked my skin was er, water proof and oil proof. I know some hormones can be absorbed through the skin and some drugs such as nicotine but oil?!!

col

Legendary Member
Bigtallfatbloke said:
ok...this is embarassing but i couldnt care less...

...Man boobs ...I read this pill kills them...anybody know anything about it...over and above all the ads on a google search?

As your wieght goes ,so will your man boobs,its just another place energy can be stored.:biggrin:

Blonde said:
How on earth can oil you put on your skin change your internal hormones or the way you store fat?!!!! When I last looked my skin was er, water proof and oil proof. I know some hormones can be absorbed through the skin and some drugs such as nicotine but oil?!!

Hi Blonde

You're normally better informed about health than this. Skin will absorb a lot of different substances. You can rub vodka on your skin and get drunk, for instance. Pregnant women are advised against using a range of different massage oils as they can affect blood pressure and have other effects.

Although I think the only cure for manboobs is bigger shirts.

Blonde

I just haven't seen any research about this tea tree oil problem myself, so can't comment. It sounds like another OTT health scare based on I don't know what research, so until I've read it I can't take it as read and wont make up my own mind on it. It'll be interesting to see how many overweight people throw out all their tee tree oil stuff and blame it on that though....

skwerl

ginger. don't go near pregnant wimmin with any beauty product containing ginger.
not sure what happens, maybe they explode.
anyway, natural products do all sorts. Where do you think all the world's drugs come from? They're found in nature and then synthesised, eg NSAIDs from pineapple. Most of the cool treatments for this and that come from the rainforests so it stands to reason that a natural oil may have certain side-effects with certain people.

U

User169

Blonde said:
I just haven't seen any research about this tea tree oil problem myself, so can't comment. It sounds like another OTT health scare based on I don't know what research, so until I've read it I can't take it as read and wont make up my own mind on it. It'll be interesting to see how many overweight people throw out all their tee tree oil stuff and blame it on that though....

Well here's the paper so you can make your own mind up (although you'll have to register).

http://content.nejm.org/cgi/content/short/356/5/479

As I said earlier, the study relates only to boys.

Top Bottom