Had a good day.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gary E

Veteran
Can't climb, can't descend and can't ride on the flat? what did you do to have such a good day? sit on your bike in the front room and read a book?? :laugh:

Seriously though, if you're knackered you obviously put the effort in so enjoy the achievement :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Winnershsaint
Can't climb, can't descend and can't ride on the flat? what did you do to have such a good day? sit on your bike in the front room and read a book?? :laugh:

Seriously though, if you're knackered you obviously put the effort in so enjoy the achievement :thumbsup:
Need to find a mount for my Kindle! seriously though had a great ride out to Marlow then climbed to Stokenchurch before a wonderful descent down the A40. before climbing out of Watlington up Howe Hill (spiteful) to Nettlebed and back then home via Sonning Common and Caversham. Was going to do 3 Counties Cycle Ride, but did own version instead.51 miles in a smidgeon over 3 hours. Was one happy bunny!

Gary E

Veteran
OK, so a slightly different effort to that hinted at in your first post then!

Great effort and I'd say that given the distance/time involved - you can climb, can descend and can ride on the flat! (either that or some kind of bus/train was involved)

tjw_78

This Sunday just gone? Might have seen you out on the road. A mate & I did Winnersh to Chinnor (private tea stop - my parent's house) and back, via Henley, Turville Heath, and Stokenchurch (Kingston) Hill. Lovely day, awesome ride. 52 miles, again, just over 3 hours.

Lots of people out and about - I've never seen so many cyclist around Stokenchurch! Was that the 3 Counties Cycle Ride?

OP
OP
Winnershsaint
This Sunday just gone? Might have seen you out on the road. A mate & I did Winnersh to Chinnor (private tea stop - my parent's house) and back, via Henley, Turville Heath, and Stokenchurch (Kingston) Hill. Lovely day, awesome ride. 52 miles, again, just over 3 hours.

Lots of people out and about - I've never seen so many cyclist around Stokenchurch! Was that the 3 Counties Cycle Ride?
Possibly not the 3 Counties went through the Assendons, turning off to Noth End before Pishill. that's about it's northern limit. We only saw a few on our way out. They were descending down Culham Lane back towards the Henley/Wargrave road. Weren't many though. This would have been just after 12. Biggest thrill was that descent down the A40 Aston Hill I believe it is called. I am not a confident descender at all, but that I just let it go on that.

tjw_78

We went through Assendon both out and back, so it probably was them. We were almost home by 12, for lunch at Dinton Park with my wife.

Aston Hill is correct. Kingston Hill is parallel and even steeper I think. I am more used to descending on my MTB with hydraulic disc brakes, so it was a little hairy on by road bike. Going back up was tough too!

Top Bottom