Hahaha, busted

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
The house to the rear of ours has been a multi occupancy with all the problems that brings, for several years since the owners moved out.
Maybe a month or so ago, the existing lot moved out and just two guys turned up one morning with a van and moved several boxes, some aluminium ducting, some sawing and banging ensued for a couple days...then it went quiet. No day to day signs of anyone being there, just a couple lights turning on at the same time every night. Lately there has been a single fella there on rare occasions.

Cannabis farm, it screams it, we all agreed right from day one, why rent a house for circa £700 a month to have no-one there, maybe just one person ?. Their neighbour has noted the reg plates of 2 vans that have been there and they and us have reported our concerns to the Police.

This morning apparently, police cars and vans arrived, busted the front door in, took away one guy in cuffs and removed bags and bags of evidence, an electrician has been in, probably to make safe the mess they've caused.

Hahahaha

The house to the rear of ours has been a multi occupancy with all the problems that brings, for several years since the owners moved out.
Maybe a month or so ago, the existing lot moved out and just two guys turned up one morning with a van and moved several boxes, some aluminium ducting, some sawing and banging ensued for a couple days...then it went quiet. No day to day signs of anyone being there, just a couple lights turning on at the same time every night. Lately there has been a single fella there on rare occasions.

Cannabis farm, it screams it, we all agreed right from day one, why rent a house for circa £700 a month to have no-one there, maybe just one person ?. Their neighbour has noted the reg plates of 2 vans that have been there and they and us have reported our concerns to the Police.

This morning apparently, police cars and vans arrived, busted the front door in, took away one guy in cuffs and removed bags and bags of evidence, an electrician has been in, probably to make safe the mess they've caused.

Hahahaha
Leave the poor farmers alone. You city types just don't understand country life.

Dan77

They will have bypassed the electric meter, hence the electrician.

Saves a lot of money but also stops them getting noticed by the energy companies for using so much energy in such an unusual way I imagine.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
i know of one house in Surrey that rented for over £5k a month, and they still made a profit.
the thinking behind it was that these expensive houses are less likely to get raided and international residents are often away.
the landlords get shafted because the house is usually trashed, with holes cut in walls and ceilings to provide the irrigation, lighting and ventilation.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
And still they'll continue. The vans were probably unregistered or on cloned plates and the minder was likely a poot immigrant suckered in who took on the job for little money. The organisers have already moved on to somewhere else.
I blame the letting agents for not properly vetting them but maybe the landlord was offered a high rent and asked no questions, you'll never know.

Drago

Legendary Member
I once did an overnight scene guard on a cannabis factory on overtime. They were also knocking out hookie DVDs, so I spent the night sat in their living room smoking (tobacco!) and watching all the latest films. I figured that if they ever came home then me having a fag in their front room was the least of their worries. The easiest 12 hours double bubble I ever earned! Strewth, that'd be more than 2 decades ago now!

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Five years ago, a Canadian friend told me that an estimated 20% of residential rentals in Vancouver were GrowOps. Apparently the high humidity plays havoc with the timber frame fabric.
I’ve been inside a few. The mould growth can be awful. Especially on stud walls.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
I've heard people who grow or have grown their own say that as long as you don't 'sex' the plant,meaning pollinate it, i presume,then the plant will not produce the THC which makes you :crazy:. According to them these plants aren't illegal!🤔
I have no idea but I suspect that's an urban myth. I'm happy to be contradicted tho'. Why not try it and invite Mr Plod around after installation to get his take on it? :scratch:

Top Bottom