Half-remembered song - can anyone identify?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
When I was at Uni decades ago (talking late 70's) I remember hearing a particular song coming from another room quite often. I didn't know what it was called or who it was singing. All I can remember of it is a bit of the lyric - male singer (possibly soul genre as the person whose room it was was into soul music) and the words "don't keep me waiting too long" followed by a refrain which repeated "don't keep me waiting" a couple or more times.

Anyone recognise the bit of lyric? Try as I might on the web, I can't identify it.

accountantpete

Brexiteer
Sounds like The Kinks - but that was the 60's

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hz64hWng2vM

OP
OP
beanzontoast
Nope - none of the above, but thanks for the suggestions.

I guess I'm going to have to give up. Hardly important, and I'm sure one day, I'll hear it again - (having said that, I haven't so far in the last 30 years! :biggrin:;):biggrin::biggrin:).

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
Sounds like that old classic, "Bloke At The Bus Stop Blues". Can't remember who did it though although I did know somebody who bought three copies within thirty seconds of each other.

HeyWayne

Al Green - Tired of Being Alone?

About the right era - kinda 'soul'.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
beanzontoast said:
Nope - none of the above, but thanks for the suggestions.

I guess I'm going to have to give up. Hardly important, and I'm sure one day, I'll hear it again - (having said that, I haven't so far in the last 30 years! :biggrin::angry::biggrin::biggrin:).

Track down your old mate and ask???? Friends Reunited.........

Top Bottom