Half term

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Kids on half term from today... just about to give up actually trying to get some work done at home, and going to mend punctures in Mrs F's and two of the three mini-F's bikes... then going to finally get miniest F cycling... she fell off trying to learn last autumn, and has been a bit scared of it ever since... however, since the year dot she's been out with me on seats and trailers, and has great sense of balance. I reckon 30mins this afternoon should do it...
A summer of family rides beckons... Have a good weekend y'all.:smile:

domtyler

Über Member
Sounds like a good day to me! Good luck :smile:

Keith Oates

Janner
I hope you have better luck than me Fnaar, my son took to it easily and now rides fine but the daughter still can't after many 'lessons fom me'. She's now 13 and so considers she's too big to be seen having Dad teaching her to ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wafflycat

[Victor Meldrew]

Loads of teenagers in town on bikes (well, BSOs made of gas-pipe with components of cheese by the look of them) today. Every single one of the big b*gg*rs on the footpaths. I did enquire of a couple if their mummy thought they weren't yet old enough to ride on the road as it seemed they had to stay on the footpaths like the little kids... It wouldn't be so bad if they had some consideration for the elderly peds but they had nada. Bah!

[/Victor Meldrew]

They didn't know how to react to the middle-aged grumpy old woman on a road bike other than have their bottom jaws drop to the floor.

yenrod

[/fosties tony the tiger voice] Yet again Waffs - I would have liked to see that...your posts are GREAT ! [/fosties tony the tiger voice]

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Waffly...bet you really 'dissed' their street cred ... or what ever it's called these days - not so easy for a late 30's male in lycra to give it some to a few lads.......

papercorn2000

You can't be middle aged WC! You look far too young.

I must have mentioned that you look really similar to ...*mutter, mumble*...

wafflycat

yenrod said:
[/fosties tony the tiger voice] Yet again Waffs - I would have liked to see that...your posts are GREAT ! [/fosties tony the tiger voice]

Why thank you, sweetie :ohmy:

wafflycat

papercorn2000 said:
You can't be middle aged WC! You look far too young.

I must have mentioned that you look really similar to ...*mutter, mumble*...

Thank you, sweetie, but I am getting on, being in my fiftieth year... sigh... I am being dragged kicking & screaming towards my dotage!

I'm sure I saw a place in Dereham advertising botox injections. Must investigate further :ohmy:

wafflycat

fossyant said:
Waffly...bet you really 'dissed' their street cred ... or what ever it's called these days - not so easy for a late 30's male in lycra to give it some to a few lads.......

Sometimes it is easier to be a crabby old dear in her dotage and get away with it :ohmy:

Top Bottom