Halfords Bikehut Toolkit Offer - any good?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

xzenonuk

Veteran
got a decathlon one on offer a few years ago well my dad did, been using the crap out of it, just get a longer and thicker spanner for the cassette tool, chain whip is good etc

think it was only about 30 or 40 quid but was on offer and the tools were no frills but work good :smile:

no wear on repeated use of allen keys and other tools and i just used the cassette tool and chainwhip again earlier to put new bearings in my back wheel hub, not broke a single decathlon tool yet, im finding some of the halfrauds bike hut tools to be of a decent quality and probably better than what is in the tool box but im buying them singly if i need any :smile:

bought bike hut cone spanners and a chain tool and a crank extractor that works on octa link and thats about it so far the rest is in the decathlon tool box, minus the extra long spanner i had to use on the cassette tool earlier, think it was a rusty car spanner that fitted it though, and that still wasn't long enough, nearly dislocated my muscles getting that prick off:smile:

Last edited:

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Oh yes, a spanner that fits a long garden tool extension handle is very useful for removing cassette lock rings and freewheels!

Top Bottom