Halfords Cycle Computer - PROBLEM

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Trumpettom001

I think, to sum this thread up...

Moving the sensor/magnet up/down the wheel has no difference to the level of accuracy.

Moving the sensor/magnet towards the centre of the hub means that the wheel can spin faster without the sensor missing the magnet as it passes (but this only really becomes an issue if the magnet is too far away from the sensor, and the bike/trike is travelling at around 35mph.

other than that - don't do what I did when I got my first sysle computer, - ride around, looking at the computer whilst seeing how fast you can go... some near misses I can tellyou....

ShipHill

Please forgive the bumping of this ancient thread, but I recently reset my 7 function Halfords computer odometer back to zero when I got a new bike. However, in the process I accidentally changed the speed units from MPH to KPH and can't figure out how to revert it back to MPH. The guy at the local Halfords doesn't know how to do it and I was hoping that one of you kind people would.

I appreciate that it seems odd that I worked out how to reset it to zero but can't change it from KPH to MPH but it's not the easiest gadget to set up even though it works fine.

I lost my instruction booklet ages ago when I first bought it. Doh!

Thanks

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Google halfords computer model xxx and I bet there will be instructions out there. :biggrin:

Oh and anyone wondering where the magnet should be, it doesnt matter near the rim or near the hub as it goes past at the same interval. So long as its near enough to the sensor, they work. Common failures on wired systems are the bar bracket to computer. Squirts of oil can sort this on the contacts.

Top Bottom