Halfords/Cycle To work/Another one.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
B

bingledee

Touche said:
Err ... not sure I understand you, but ...

If anything breaks while under warranty, I can send it back to Pearson. If it is a fault in the part, they replace it for free. If through wear & tear, I would expect a charge. After nearly 2 years I have not had any failures and the only thing I would bother them with now is if the frame broke.

I got the Touche. Mine at the top of Arthurs Seat in Edinburgh shortly after getting it in August 2007.

p.s. you may recognize this as my name and avatar.

Hi Touche,
Fired a quick email off to Pearson to as if they'd ship a bike I wanted, and the response i received was that they werent allowed to ship Specialized, or TREK....which is a shame as I had my eyes on a Specialized bike on their website.

Have called numerous LBS in the Newcastle area and none of them will touch the Halfords voucher.

In the meantime I have emailed Halfords a list of bikes i'd be interested if they could source for me...

So, if anyone knows any LBS that will take the Halfords Cycle2work vouchers, in the Newcastle/Northumberland area, feel free to let me know

marchammer

My wife was tied to the halfords scheme.We e-mailed them to find out what bikes she could get and she got a trek 7.5fx wsd.We collected it from leisure lakes not halfords and leisure lakes said they supplied the bike so any problems bring it to them NOT halfords.We could also use the rest of the voucher in leisure lakes as well.Dont know if you have a leisure lakes near you though.

simon_brooke

The Boardmans are all good value for money, well designed and specced with excellent kit for what you pay. Like others I'd go for the road hybrid - one of the mates I set out on the Exmouth Exodus with was riding that exact model; he finished, I didn't. So it can do it if you can!

OP
OP
B

bingledee

marchammer said:
My wife was tied to the halfords scheme.We e-mailed them to find out what bikes she could get and she got a trek 7.5fx wsd.We collected it from leisure lakes not halfords and leisure lakes said they supplied the bike so any problems bring it to them NOT halfords.We could also use the rest of the voucher in leisure lakes as well.Dont know if you have a leisure lakes near you though.

thanks for that marchammer, unfortunately the nearest leisurelakes is miles away, in a completely different county... seems nowehere in the NorthEast takes the vouchers directly.

Did you email Halfords to enquire about what bikes they could source for you, or email them a list of bikes you were interested in, i ask because i emailed them regarding about 10 bikes and they said they were all unavailable

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
bingledee said:

i know Halfords can source most bikes from elsewhere, but I understand that they wont employ the usual returns policy if they have to source a bike externally...

Even if they source the bike from an "external source" they are still selling it to you (or rather your employer under C2W) and so they are still subject to the Sale of Goods Act 1972, etc., even if they tell you they are not. Should you need to take them to court, no court will see them as being above the law...

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
spandex said:
How dose that work then if there is some thing wrong with the bike you have what you have to do is take it back to the shop you got it from! So if you got the bike from S**tfords and because they do not stock the bike they go to the LBS that dose and gets it for you.... So let me get this right if you have something wrong with your bike you take it back to S**tfords and they take it back to the LBS who then sort it (in what ever way) give it back to S**tfords how then give it back to you?!?

But some where in that line there is a kid that is working at S**tfords that will not be able to keep his mits off of it and changes somthing on there...

In effect yes that is what Halfrauds has to do, if a customer buys a bike from a shop (as apposed to directly from the manufacture) then the customer has a contract with the shop (under the Sale of Goods Act 1972). If the customer has to make a claim against the warranty, they claim is against the shop and it is up to the retailer to claim against the manufacture. Some retailers occasionally try to tell their customers other wise, but the law does not agree...

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Touche said:
I got the Touche. Mine at the top of Arthurs Seat in Edinburgh shortly after getting it in August 2007.

p.s. you may recognize this as my name and avatar.

I would just like to confirm that that is Touche's bike and that he does ride it, however I can't confirm that he rode it all the to the Loch on Arthurs Seat shown in the picture as he has been known to walk up the occasional hill... :ohmy:

However if he says he did then I would believe him xx(

I did stop halfway up to catch my breath (and let a pesky motorist past). But I did cycle all the way up despite not being a hard enough man to manage the hills of Fife.

marchammer

bingledee said:
thanks for that marchammer, unfortunately the nearest leisurelakes is miles away, in a completely different county... seems nowehere in the NorthEast takes the vouchers directly.

Did you email Halfords to enquire about what bikes they could source for you, or email them a list of bikes you were interested in, i ask because i emailed them regarding about 10 bikes and they said they were all unavailable

I phoned them first to ask what bikes they COULDNT get, then emailed them with the ones we wanted. gave them a list of bout 10 and the top 2 were out of stock.

OP
OP
B

bingledee

marchammer said:
I phoned them first to ask what bikes they COULDNT get, then emailed them with the ones we wanted. gave them a list of bout 10 and the top 2 were out of stock.

thanks.. have emailed them now asking for info on availability on the specialized 2010 range..... god, they cant blame stock levels now can they, if its just come out....though the market might not have enough stock flooding through yet

Top Bottom