halfords e bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dodgy

Exactly you have your weight on the rear wheel. You are just leaning on the front no where near the same weight. I could just imagine going up a muddy hill with the motor on the front wheel. Pity not everyone understands that.

Surprisingly there's a fair amount of weight on the front wheels of a car.
There is difference between a car and a bicycle.....honest

Not sure why the combative tone. Chill out, you might actually be wrong. Because this that you posted is absolute weapons grade bolleaux :laugh:

Think of it this way nobody pulls a heavy object if they can push it. It's a hell of lot easier for the motor to push the bike than pull it which is what front wheel drive is.

179club

Regular
Hi.
I have e-bike crossfire. 10000 miles plus. Yes, the cutouts a fecking continuous pain. Make sure to use WD 40 or similar on the motor connector. Cable tie tight when connectors are in place. The display unit connection needs to be kept dirt/dust free. Press reset button on battery after charging. I found battery ok but when gets to 20% it likes to go dead. Great brakes. Spokes do come lose way and snap easy. Stay on smooth roads. Hope this helps.

gbb

Legendary Member
Hi.
I have e-bike crossfire. 10000 miles plus. Yes, the cutouts a fecking continuous pain. Make sure to use WD 40 or similar on the motor connector. Cable tie tight when connectors are in place. The display unit connection needs to be kept dirt/dust free. Press reset button on battery after charging. I found battery ok but when gets to 20% it likes to go dead. Great brakes. Spokes do come lose way and snap easy. Stay on smooth roads. Hope this helps.
10,000 miles is nice to hear.
Mines at 3000 and works fine, i sense the battery capacity may drop a bit quicker nowadays but generally a good solid buy (despite the occasional, almost inevitable cutouts the motor suffers with)
At 3000 miles i sense the motor is a tiny bit noisier than when it was new....to hear its capable of 10K is reassuring.

Drago

Legendary Member
Early hours and not fully awake when I posted that rubbish, yes front wheel drive fine in snow, RWD hopeless
That's a function of the location of the engine, not the driven wheels. The original Beetle - RWD and rear engined - is to this day regarded as one of the best performing 2wd cars in proper snow conditions.

Top Bottom