Halfords - Free bike health check - A warning

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JSRossi

Regular
Just to note that I had my two old mountain bikes booked in for a free health check at my local Halfords this morning, thinking that i would then be able to get any tweaks or repairs done (at some cost) ... .. as i approached the counter however it was obvious that all was not well!

In short he had a quick scan of the bike while telling me that even if something was needed, or a chargable service required, they couldn't fit me in until October!

Clearly very busy as a result of the voucher scheme but i would phone ahead to your local branch if your bike might need anything more than a cursory glance!

Or support a local bike shop. Ring ahead and book a slot. Mine have a two week wait time approximately which is not too bad.

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
Taking your bike to Halfords for a health check is akin to asking a 70's DJ to babysit for you - it's just something that no sane person would considering then first place.
Oh, come on, they weren't all bad. However, your child might have picked up catchphrases like "Not 'arf!" or adopted a weird mid-Atlantic accent.:stop:

Top Bottom