Halfords MTB Offers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tradesecrets

GERARDPPM said:
I paid £315 + got a £20 free voucher, halfords website have it back upto £449, some poor bugger will pay this!

I spotted that also

Trumpettom001

the handlebars that come with the GT are great, but I had a pair that I like more - they have a (trials riding?) support bar for mounting all those LEDs.. the stock headset and handlebars have a larger diameter than "regular" sized handlebars... thus forcing me to chance to a different headset.... don't let this put you off buying the bike anyone...

tradesecrets

I have only ever bought one bike from Halfords and that over 10 years ago I rode it everywhere .. and did the damage it cost me 350

Time's I wonder why people are prepared excessive amount's on a bike that does the same Job . I guess some feel the need to be centre of attention and Pose and boast "Oh loo what I can afford " though i suspect many go into Debt so they can keep up with the Jones's attitude especially on forums where I've got the impression Image is a Must !!!

Cubist

Still wavin'
Trumpettom001 said:
the handlebars that come with the GT are great, but I had a pair that I like more - they have a (trials riding?) support bar for mounting all those LEDs.. the stock headset and handlebars have a larger diameter than "regular" sized handlebars... thus forcing me to chance to a different headset.... don't let this put you off buying the bike anyone...

Did you really need to change the whole headset, or just the stem?

Cubist

Still wavin'
tradesecrets said:
I have only ever bought one bike from Halfords and that over 10 years ago I rode it everywhere .. and did the damage it cost me 350

Time's I wonder why people are prepared excessive amount's on a bike that does the same Job . I guess some feel the need to be centre of attention and Pose and boast "Oh loo what I can afford " though i suspect many go into Debt so they can keep up with the Jones's attitude especially on forums where I've got the impression Image is a Must !!!
I think you'll find the majority of posters on this forum are far from snobs. Most however will cut their coat according to their cloth. If you want to pick fights then can I suggest you go and do it elsewhere?

OP
OP
G

GERARDPPM

UPDATE - Well after 3 weeks of cycling and a few add-ons:

Continental country ride tryes 1.75
GT saddle bag
water bottle
12 function computer
Rear mudguard

the bike is great exceeded all my expections, the build quality is great and halfords hav done a great job assembling, no probs touch wood. The only one grip i hav is the seat it is bloody terrible. Jut bought my muc-off cleaning kit, these country roads are stinking!

Trumpettom001

for Cubist: On mine, I changed the little metally bit that attaches the top of the forks to the centre of the handle bars - didn't touch the bearings within the headset or anything...

bad habits from work - all the guys there call it the headset - not the stem (my small bad)

Cubist

Still wavin'
Trumpettom001 said:
for Cubist: On mine, I changed the little metally bit that attaches the top of the forks to the centre of the handle bars - didn't touch the bearings within the headset or anything...

bad habits from work - all the guys there call it the headset - not the stem (my small bad)
Hardly a bad old chap, but I was puzzled in case someone had persuaded you to change something you didn't need to.

urbanfatboy

Über Member
Trumpettom001 said:

!!where do you work?

Top Bottom