Halfords MTB Offers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cubist

Still wavin'
Oh yes he did!

Where's the "pantomime slapstick" smiley when you want one!;)

archenemy

I suppose its me but I would never by a bike from a shop like that yes I’ve been in and bought the odd little thing but as for buying a bike I would go to a proper place.
I have a lcs just 2minutes walk from me and I’ve been in there asking about a bike and the first thing the bloke did after picking up a large frame bike was to drop the seat down to the lowest point and said here you go. I laughed at him and walked out.

When by bike grows up it wants to be a Nicolia

Cubist

Still wavin'
GERARDPPM said:
I'd be better not buying a bike full stop at this rate! :-()
I hope by the time you have read this you have gone and treated yourelf to a bargain bike from Halfords. You won't spend your money any better anywhere else. Some Halofrds are good at putting bikes together, some aren't, and the huge amount of snobbery that surrounds this subject forgets that the bikes themselves have incredibly good reviews.

Take the oportunity to learn how to check it's been built properly, and learn how to keep the brakes and gears maintained. If you pay any mechanic to do that, whether a Halfords mechanic or an LBS, then you've got more money than sense anyway.

I'll say it again. My Boardman is a fantastically good bike for the money. It was put together well by the people at Halfords. I checked it and tweaked it a bit, but not much. It has ridden faultlessly since June.

OP
OP
G

GERARDPPM

Thanks cubist picking up on monday, will not be paying or leaving the shop with it unless im happy. Off course a test drive.

Trumpettom001

Assuming you bought the XC3 - nice purchase - I have one, and am now completely happy with it, after having changed the :

headset - to somthing more shiney and useable with normal sized handlebars
handlebars (anodised aluminium blue with support trials bar)
shifters to deore 3/9 speed
rear casette to somthing with a finer gear range - I never use gear 1 on the back before
casette to 9 spd (to go with the shifter (duh))
seat - as the one that comes with it is F---- horibble
took apart the forks, and re greased..
added rear light, and 106LEDs worth of front lights (these go on the trials bar)
2x waterbottle carriers
slicks tyres
bontracer disk pads that give a little tiny bit of extra braking power

grips - didn't want to - I like the grips that come with the bike, but i cut them getting them off

saddle bag, complete with most things I need to fix anything that goes wrong

oh and of course a cycle computer,

and a bright blue bell, soon to be replaced by an airzound, b'cos peds still pay no attention to me when i ting ting at them because i'm about the pile into them - and no, I ride on the road, not pavy-menty

Top Bottom