Halfords Plymouth

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hybrid heaven

Got my bike back today after being in for a sevice and i must say they done a fantastic job on it even though it was two days late they put two brand new tyres on for me for my inconvienience and apologised for the delay . They have had some stick in some quarters but my halfords are top notch.

Widge

Baldy Go
A -ha..................

Plymouth Halfords is my local branch..............and, although I have never bought a big spendy item from them I was very impressed by how a chap trued a vintage Wolber wheel for me while I waited a few years ago...and waxed lyrical about the beauty of Wolber and Campag hubs as he did it, saying 'they don't make 'em like this any more!' Staff change and last time I went in they had very limited stock and teenage staff so I was of a mind to avoid them for anything critical, having read so many horror stories abaout 'Halfrauds!'

It's encouraging to hear you rate them?

w

Well.. I guess every branch should be considered as a different business altogether, but where I come from even the use of the word "Hs" is usually accompanied by a gesture and/or spitting on the ground straight afterwards.. :whistle:

Crosstrailer

Unfortunately their rates of pay are pretty poor so invariably the staff are often not great

However, you can't tar every branch and member of staff with the same brush and great to hear of your experience.

I used to work at my local branch on a Saturday many years ago when I was at college, the guy that ran the cycles section lived and breathed cycling. He ended up working as a team mechanic.

Top Bottom