Halfords strike again!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OK, she really should have know better, or at least asked me first, but my Sister decided to buy a bike today from Halfords, (no, I don't know why either).

She checked stock online, a store 7 miles away was showing it in stock so she reserved it.

Drove the 7 miles, went in store, only to be told they didn't have it :cursing:

She drives back home to find a customer service email from Halfords asking for her experience of them - oh boy, did she let rip at them. Hell hath no fury like my Sister when she's been messed around!

Perhaps she could have called first, but I reserve things at Argos all the time, and never once has this happened to me, so why should she have doubted Halfords? (yes I know, but she didn't know any better).

I shall take this opportunity to educate her before she decides where next to spend her wonga.

e-rider

crappy member
would have been best to arrange test ride etc. first anyway, before deciding which bike to buy.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Their stock system is terrible - got told this by a member of staff. When I went in to get the Garmin 200, the lad said don't trust their system to say "in stock". He did actually find one in the back, but if a member of staff tells you it's not very good....

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
My one attempt to buy a boardman resulted in them telling me, no test rides allowed, but they'd let me stand over the bike

I've always wanted a boardman on ctw tbh, but until bike shops sell them, I'll never get one (ebay aside)

OP
OP
smokeysmoo

smokeysmoo

Legendary Member
they do in the car park - but if not, or not far enough, then look elsewhere to buy
Buying a bike having never even sat on it is just plain silly.
Not at our local ones, one of which is on a retail park so it's quite understandable I suppose.

She had already viewed the bike and knew what she wanted, she wasn't buying blind so please don't jump to conclusions.

davefb

Guru
My one attempt to buy a boardman resulted in them telling me, no test rides allowed, but they'd let me stand over the bike

I've always wanted a boardman on ctw tbh, but until bike shops sell them, I'll never get one (ebay aside)
can you just give them back then as 'unsuitable' or are they happy for the lawsuit when you fall off a bike you're not actually happy with?

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
can you just give them back then as 'unsuitable' or are they happy for the lawsuit when you fall off a bike you're not actually happy with?
No idea, don't care, refuse to shop there

Hey it rhymes

I bought a Thule roof rack from there last week (needed it urgently due to last minute change of plans), so Halfords was the only place I knew I'd get one....... .got to the local store.... none on shelves, but two showing on computer....... at least the guy reserved one for me in the next nearest store - 10 miles away !! Had no choice but to drive and get it....... I hate Halfords.

Top Bottom