Halfords Tiverton versus Halfords Exmouth

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

burntoutbanger

Veteran
Hi all, I live in Exeter but have fallen out of love with the local Halfords, Rydon Lane. Their bike build quality is appalling in my opinion. The two next nearest stores are (as the thread title suggests) Tiverton and Exmouth. Do any CycleChatters have any experience of either of those stores? Preferably recent and bike build/maintenance relevent.

Many thanks in advance.

sheddy

Legendary Member
Have you checked out the LBS ?

vickster

Legendary Member
Then why not buy it from halfords packaged up and take it to your LBS to build it?
This :okay: if the bike is mostly built and you have a good relationship with the LBS, I can't imagine they'll charge very much on a quiet weekday afternoon once the busy Christmas period is over

OP
OP
burntoutbanger

burntoutbanger

Veteran
Yes I get this (that's not rocket science) but it makes the bike much less of a bargain.

I was specifically asking if anyone had any personal experience of these two stores?

ChrisEyles

Guru
I've been into the Tiverton Halfords a few times and they really haven't impressed. Went in once to see if they had any chain ring bolts and no one seemed to know what they were even.

The Exeter branch is also hopeless. Haven't been to the enough one but I wouldn't hold out much hope!

I like the bike shed in Exeter, they've helped me out with good advice a few times and their workshop guys are very competent. They're not the cheapest though.

Top Bottom