Halfords, well what can I say...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ern1e

Über Member
Hi and welcome at least you know who to blame when bits fall of yer machine lol, seriously though well done on putting it together you now have a good idea of how it works lol.

brand

I suppose you may find it useful in the future if you need to sort something out. Odds are though you will have forgotten. I have never bought a new bike so I have never had that opportunity to learn..... I wouldn't have taken it anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
U

User42423

Probably better you doing it anyway, I put in for a job there as a bike mechanic once and the bloke that got the job Dosent have a bloody clue whenever I've gone in to order bits.
That is slightly ironic, I once worked for Halfords (for a week). I was employed as a cycle mechanic (repairing bikes bought in by customers). I spent my entire (only) week building/making up new bikes. Don't think management liked me telling customers to go elsewhere, as shop didn't stock items.

jack smith

Veteran
That is slightly ironic, I once worked for Halfords (for a week). I was employed as a cycle mechanic (repairing bikes bought in by customers). I spent my entire (only) week building/making up new bikes. Don't think management liked me telling customers to go elsewhere, as shop didn't stock items.
Ive found it very much like those bike shops you get when you take in a bike worth more than 200 quid and they ask what bits are on it ect, alot of shops round my way are like this and can only do odd jobs on old argos mountain bikes and even then not very good jobs.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
I have found Halfords good for getting some spare parts but useless for getting any advice.

I had trouble getting a GXP bottom bracket and found it online in Halfords.

I allways check all the bits are in the box ,just as a test I asked the guy who served me (who is one of the mechanics) what the spacers were for. He informed me they were "sealing washers" when I asked him why there were 3 he told me " you get a spare one"
luckily I know how to decide how many spacers are needed but I hate bullshitters doling out dodgy information.

jack smith

Veteran
It's alright I've had the same I was recommended deore trigger shifters for my s works tarmac wen I went in to order some sram red bits

triandrunracing

Don't shoot me... but I'm about to start work as one of those bike mechanics you talk about in Halfords!... Makes a change from all the white collar jobs I've had in the past and I can take my hobby in to the work place!

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Don't shoot me... but I'm about to start work as one of those bike mechanics you talk about in Halfords!... Makes a change from all the white collar jobs I've had in the past and I can take my hobby in to the work place!

I'm sure you will be one of the good guys in Halfords we hear about. :cheers:

Top Bottom